Unspecific predictions, lack of similar applicants, splitter

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
Duramax80
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:34 pm

Unspecific predictions, lack of similar applicants, splitter

Postby Duramax80 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:31 pm

159/2.68 (maxed LSAT score and already graduated)
good LORs
struggling w/ PS
non URM


Ive used every prediction software I could get my hands on, but I am a (slight) splitter, and the prediction tools I available to me have proven to be either inconsistent or simply lacking specificity in my school selection. Pretty much, each school I look at states that I will be "considered" for acceptance, which, if I can remember correctly, equated to a something like a 32%-62% chance of acceptance... s VERY wide range.

I looked at LSN profiles and applications for stats like mine, but the majority of people who range in the 156-162 LSAT range have GPAs within 3.2-3.6... far from my 2.6. Would I be correct in assuming someone with stats of 157/2.8 as having the same chance of acceptance as my 159/2.6? I know the LSAT is weighed more heavily (in most cases) than GPA, but some LSN profiles have been accepted with 158/2.8, and some have been rejected with 160/2.5, proving my presupposed assumption to be, for the most part, incorrect... as far as I know.

Is there any way to determine a school's admittance index formula, and how would I plug my numbers into such a formula?

If anyone has any experience in applying to the following schools, whether you have been wait listed, accepted, or rejected, can you please post your LAST/GPA, or PM me with your stats? I dont want to be stuck with a TTTT school, and I want to know if I have a shot at admittance to these schools, as I will be applying around Jan 1st. It is important to note that I am okay with going to a TTT school, and I want to practice at a small law firm. Thanks for your help.

1. Georgia State
2. South Carolina
3. LSU
4. FSU
5. U of Indiana (indianapolis)
6. U of Missouri
7. U of Mississippi
8. Mercer
9. Miami

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Unspecific predictions, lack of similar applicants, splitter

Postby Samara » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:03 pm

I think you should consider a different line of work. Getting into a T2 school is going to be pretty tough with those stats and you'd be paying sticker. The employment prospects at any school you can get into are abysmal. The editor-in-chief of the law review (and top 10% student) at Chicago-Kent couldn't find a job. I know multiple people graduated from IU-I doing things like working at Olive Garden. Do you really want to be $150k or more in debt and working at Olive Garden?

Hate to break it to you, but you're going to be a lot more satisfied and successful pursuing something else. There are quite a few threads around here that will tell you the same.

Aqualibrium
Posts: 2011
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:57 am

Re: Unspecific predictions, lack of similar applicants, splitter

Postby Aqualibrium » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:17 pm

To the above poster, that guy from Kent was top 40% not top 10%. It's crazy how legends grow...

Though I haven't been active here for a while, so you may be talking about a story from this year and not the one that made the rounds last year.
Last edited by Aqualibrium on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chem
Posts: 867
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: Unspecific predictions, lack of similar applicants, splitter

Postby chem » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:17 pm

Samara wrote:I think you should consider a different line of work. Getting into a T2 school is going to be pretty tough with those stats and you'd be paying sticker. The employment prospects at any school you can get into are abysmal. The editor-in-chief of the law review (and top 10% student) at Chicago-Kent couldn't find a job. I know multiple people graduated from IU-I doing things like working at Olive Garden. Do you really want to be $150k or more in debt and working at Olive Garden?

Hate to break it to you, but you're going to be a lot more satisfied and successful pursuing something else. There are quite a few threads around here that will tell you the same.


+1, sorry

Different story if you have a guaranteed job though

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Unspecific predictions, lack of similar applicants, splitter

Postby Samara » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:49 pm

Aqualibrium wrote:To the above poster, that guy from Kent was top 40% not top 10%. It's crazy how legends grow...

Though I haven't been active here for a while, so you may be talking about a story from this year and not the one that made the rounds last year.

Oh really? lol, legends indeed. I thought that's what I read somewhere else on here. He was EIC though, right?

Aqualibrium
Posts: 2011
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:57 am

Re: Unspecific predictions, lack of similar applicants, splitter

Postby Aqualibrium » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:08 am

Samara wrote:
Aqualibrium wrote:To the above poster, that guy from Kent was top 40% not top 10%. It's crazy how legends grow...

Though I haven't been active here for a while, so you may be talking about a story from this year and not the one that made the rounds last year.

Oh really? lol, legends indeed. I thought that's what I read somewhere else on here. He was EIC though, right?



Yes, he was EIC.

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: Unspecific predictions, lack of similar applicants, splitter

Postby 062914123 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:41 pm

.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests