Withdrawal Addendum?!?!?!

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Dropped out of law school #1, what should I emphasize in my explanatory addendum?

LS #1=Suboptimal Career Prospects/Lower Rank
30%
LS #1=Bad "Fit" (& list reasons ___ school will be a better fit)
70%

Total votes: 10

Fortuitous

Withdrawal Addendum?!?!?!

Postby Fortuitous » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:35 pm

I enrolled in a law school in Fall 2011 and decided to leave after less than a month and apply to different schools for 2012. I want to frame the situation in the best possible light in my explanatory addendum.

Do you think that the fact that I want to go to a more highly ranked school for increased career opportunities will be off putting to ad comms? I went to the original school largely because I was awarded a full ride+stipend, but realized immediately that the short term gain in debt reduction would be detrimental to long term career prospects. However, I don't know if it is a bad idea to SAY this to ad comms, because it might make me look like 1)a person that didn't fully research their options in advance, 2)a flake.

I realize this is all conjecture, but would really appreciate the feedback:)

john1990

Re: Withdrawal Addendum?!?!?!

Postby john1990 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:24 pm

I am also interested in doing this since i may consider this in the future if i don't get into a target school.

I voted "bad fit" I would think that they will realize that you withdrew because of the schools bad rep, since you are now applying to a highly ranked school.

Just my 2 cents

Fortuitous

Postby Fortuitous » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:31 pm

Thanks! how much do u think this will hurt my cycle? I HIGHLY recommend avoiding an epic mistake like mine at all costs. if you're going to go to a lower ranked school, make sure you are 100% behind the decision before u show up at orientation.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:49 pm

Well, what have you been doing since? Can you argue that you had some fantastic job opportunity come your way? I know a girl who dropped out and has a personally fulfilling job. She's thinking of maybe going back to law school a few years in the future and arguing that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Return to “What are my chances?”