I need to know..... Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Aequitas

New

I need to know.....

Post by Aequitas » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:53 pm

I'll try to keep this brief, 165 LSAT, 2.35 UPGA, not a URM unless you count Portugese.

Basically my GPA is low because of two semesters that were atrocious. In the first I went through liver failure, in the second I went through my divorce. I'm also the second in my family ever to graduate from a university, my older brother beat me by a year, and I'm the son of soldiers and car mechanics, so I believe I qualify for first generation.

Basically this is what I'm looking at. I would prefer to stay in Arizona, as here I have a divorce decree and a custody arrangement, however I am largely open to go elsewhere.

Right now I am looking at ASU, UofA, Lewis and Clark, UofO, UNM, U of Santa Clara, Temple, Wake Forest, George Mason, U of Georgia and Phoenix. As to the ones that are rather off the wall, like Wake Forest, I got application fee waivers so I figure there is no loss at trying, but I want to know if I have any real chance at going to a decent law school. And Phoenix is my fall back in case everyone else says no.

I thank you for your time, if you need any other information just ask.

Yeshia90

Silver

Re: I need to know.....

Post by Yeshia90 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:54 pm

chem

Silver

Post by chem » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:00 pm

Aequitas wrote:I'll try to keep this brief, 165 LSAT, 2.35 UPGA, not a URM unless you count Portugese.

Basically my GPA is low because of two semesters that were atrocious. In the first I went through liver failure, in the second I went through my divorce. I'm also the second in my family ever to graduate from a university, my older brother beat me by a year, and I'm the son of soldiers and car mechanics, so I believe I qualify for first generation.

Basically this is what I'm looking at. I would prefer to stay in Arizona, as here I have a divorce decree and a custody arrangement, however I am largely open to go elsewhere.

Right now I am looking at ASU, UofA, Lewis and Clark, UofO, UNM, U of Santa Clara, Temple, Wake Forest, George Mason, U of Georgia and Phoenix. As to the ones that are rather off the wall, like Wake Forest, I got application fee waivers so I figure there is no loss at trying, but I want to know if I have any real chance at going to a decent law school. And Phoenix is my fall back in case everyone else says no.

WE?

Aequitas

New

Post by Aequitas » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:06 pm

Thank you for the music video, always nice to throw in some Latin music into the middle of the day.

And chem I don't know if that is a question or not, forgive my ignorance, can you rephrase?

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:12 pm

Aequitas wrote:Thank you for the music video, always nice to throw in some Latin music into the middle of the day.

And chem I don't know if that is a question or not, forgive my ignorance, can you rephrase?
They're asking if you have work experience. But either way, please don't go to law school :(

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Aequitas

New

Post by Aequitas » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:25 pm

Ahh, that makes sense. Yes I do, 5 years worth working part time as a blackjack and roulette dealer and 3 years working full time over the phone. Worked during my undergrad.

Any particular reason why I should not IGF?

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:29 pm

The short answer is that it's expensive and job prospects are awful for the schools that you listed.

--LinkRemoved--

chem

Silver

Post by chem » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:30 pm

Aequitas wrote:I'll try to keep this brief, 165 LSAT, 2.35 UPGA, not a URM unless you count Portugese.

I take it not technical work experience, in which case stay away from santa clara.

Aequitas

New

Post by Aequitas » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:44 pm

Just need to know where I have any real chance at so I can get myself prepared for modifying my custody agreement should I choose to attend, I made the decision to find out where I can go prior to making a decision to actually attend. But this information will certainly be useful.

And chem Santa Clara is a free application school, hence why it is on there. The rent in the area alone makes me want to stay far from there.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”