my profile...

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
paulshortys10
Posts: 619
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:03 pm

my profile...

Postby paulshortys10 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:07 am

what are my chances?

Texas wasted no time in rejecting me.
Last edited by paulshortys10 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobbyh1919
Posts: 560
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: my profile...

Postby bobbyh1919 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:27 am

Jeez what's that 24 schools spread all over the country? Where do you want to practice?

User avatar
johansantana21
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:11 pm

Re: my profile...

Postby johansantana21 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:28 am

Hard to predict, being URM is tricky with stats like those.

User avatar
breadbucket
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:57 pm

Re: my profile...

Postby breadbucket » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:40 am

bobbyh1919 wrote:Jeez what's that 24 schools spread all over the country? Where do you want to practice?


Generally, at least in my opinion, one should only apply to a select number of schools when they genuinely know they are particularly likely to get into at least one of their 5-10 picked schools. With numbers like his, and the unpredictability of URM, especially later half of cycle, means he needs to pad his chances with more schools. Probably, in his case, less about desired area of practice and more about rank/prestige.

User avatar
paulshortys10
Posts: 619
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:03 pm

Re: my profile...

Postby paulshortys10 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:18 am

breadbucket wrote:
bobbyh1919 wrote:Jeez what's that 24 schools spread all over the country? Where do you want to practice?


Generally, at least in my opinion, one should only apply to a select number of schools when they genuinely know they are particularly likely to get into at least one of their 5-10 picked schools. With numbers like his, and the unpredictability of URM, especially later half of cycle, means he needs to pad his chances with more schools. Probably, in his case, less about desired area of practice and more about rank/prestige.


yep pretty much what he said

User avatar
paulshortys10
Posts: 619
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:03 pm

Re: my profile...

Postby paulshortys10 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:49 am

Plus at 16 bucks a pop it doesn't hurt to apply as much as I can.

So....what are my chances at those

User avatar
johansantana21
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:11 pm

Re: my profile...

Postby johansantana21 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:51 am

I'd say out at most schools around the T17.

Mexicans don't get as big boost as blacks do.

Also both your GPA+LSAT are on the low end, even as a URM.

User avatar
paulshortys10
Posts: 619
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 7:03 pm

Re: my profile...

Postby paulshortys10 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:16 am

johansantana21 wrote:
Also both your GPA+LSAT are on the low end, even as a URM.


Tell me something I don't know :(

horrorbusiness
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: my profile...

Postby horrorbusiness » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:00 am

as a urm i would say you dont need to apply outside the t50




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BrainsyK, mintme and 8 guests