Is it worth it?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
hiphopvhlr

Is it worth it?

Postby hiphopvhlr » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:45 pm

I am trying to decide if I should go forward with my applications. I took the Oct. LSAT and scored a 147. I studied really hard to retake the test. I took the test last sat. The unexpected happened: I got sick during the test I had to rush through the second section, left the room to go the restroom, and went back into the room 7 minutes into the third section. I didn't cancel my score because I felt that I was able to recover myself pretty well. Oh well. Since the LSAC will allow me to take the test only once more, I am not sure if I am going to re-take the test in Feb, regardless of my score this time around.

Here are the scenarios I am coming up with:

147 & Sub 150 LSAT
147 & Sub 155 LSAT
147 & above 155 LSAT.

I am dead set on going to a law school in CA. My undergrad GPA is 3.6, I have a Masters, and i have been out of school for 10 year, and I am URM.

I am not sure if I should go through with applying for 2012 admissions, or, depending on my score this time, take another year and focus on taking the LSAT next June.

Any feedback would be great.

goldenflash19

Re: Is it worth it?

Postby goldenflash19 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:17 pm

Absolutely take a year off. You'll need to dramatically improve your LSAT to have a shot at getting into any school worthwhile in the CA market. I would advise even pushing it back to June with October as your back-up unless you feel you are 100% prepared for February. Most (if not all of the good schools in Cali) don't accept the February LSAT, and your current score wouldn't even get you on the waitlist at any of the schools worth attending. Invest in 2013. Best of luck!

stuffnuff

Postby stuffnuff » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:27 pm

^agreed

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:33 pm

hiphopvhlr wrote:I am trying to decide if I should go forward with my applications. I took the Oct. LSAT and scored a 147. I studied really hard to retake the test. I took the test last sat. The unexpected happened: I got sick during the test I had to rush through the second section, left the room to go the restroom, and went back into the room 7 minutes into the third section. I didn't cancel my score because I felt that I was able to recover myself pretty well. Oh well. Since the LSAC will allow me to take the test only once more, I am not sure if I am going to re-take the test in Feb, regardless of my score this time around.

Here are the scenarios I am coming up with:

147 & Sub 150 LSAT
147 & Sub 155 LSAT
147 & above 155 LSAT.

I am dead set on going to a law school in CA. My undergrad GPA is 3.6, I have a Masters, and i have been out of school for 10 year, and I am URM.

I am not sure if I should go through with applying for 2012 admissions, or, depending on my score this time, take another year and focus on taking the LSAT next June.

Any feedback would be great.

what URM are you? Depending on that, a 160 could give you really great options

soitgoes9

Postby soitgoes9 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:37 pm

retake it is not fun, but in the long term the payout can be huge.

hiphopvhlr

Postby hiphopvhlr » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:44 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I am Latino (born in Mexico and crossed the border undocumented, got my residency and now a US citizen).

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:50 pm

hiphopvhlr wrote:Thanks for the feedback. I am Latino (born in Mexico and crossed the border undocumented, got my residency and now a US citizen).

I think that's a roughly 5 point boost, so a 165 could do wonders for you

Return to “What are my chances?”