3.7/170

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
wendys27
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:26 pm

3.7/170

Postby wendys27 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:45 pm

Straight From Undergrad
170 (only test)
3.7 GPA
Ivy League undergrad
Not a URM

Chances at NYU, Columbia, Penn, Georgetown, Michigan?
Last edited by wendys27 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mauryballstein
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:23 am

Re: 3.7/170

Postby mauryballstein » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:47 pm

.
Last edited by mauryballstein on Thu May 17, 2012 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: 3.7/170

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:54 pm

I had almost the same numbers (my GPA was a little higher) and my 169 was after a retake from 156. I was non-URM, straight from undergrad and got in as high as UVA. It may have been the retake, but my softs were standard/weak and my PS was nothing special.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: 3.7/170

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:55 pm

wendys27 wrote:Straight From Undergrad
170 (only test)
3.7 GPA
Ivy League undergrad
Not a URM

Chances at NYU, Columbia, Penn, Georgetown, Michigan?

In at all except NYU

TMC116
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: 3.7/170

Postby TMC116 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:50 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:I had almost the same numbers (my GPA was a little higher) and my 169 was after a retake from 156. I was non-URM, straight from undergrad and got in as high as UVA. It may have been the retake, but my softs were standard/weak and my PS was nothing special.


I take it that you didn't ED to UVA. When did you apply?

We have very similar numbers so this gives me hope!!

User avatar
Campagnolo
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: 3.7/170

Postby Campagnolo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:00 pm

I'm really surprised that everyone is saying in at one of NYU or Columbia. My numbers are similar, and I'm thinking auto-ding at T6. I don't mean to rain on the OP's parade, of course. Maybe that elite undergrad will mean something?

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: 3.7/170

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:02 pm

Campagnolo wrote:I'm really surprised that everyone is saying in at one of NYU or Columbia. My numbers are similar, and I'm thinking auto-ding at T6. I don't mean to rain on the OP's parade, of course. Maybe that elite undergrad will mean something?

whoops didn't see Columbia. Out/WL there too

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: 3.7/170

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:05 pm

TMC116 wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:I had almost the same numbers (my GPA was a little higher) and my 169 was after a retake from 156. I was non-URM, straight from undergrad and got in as high as UVA. It may have been the retake, but my softs were standard/weak and my PS was nothing special.


I take it that you didn't ED to UVA. When did you apply?

We have very similar numbers so this gives me hope!!

I did apply rather late (the retake was on the Dec LSAT) so that may have been a factor.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 3.7/170

Postby Grizz » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:09 pm

mauryballstein wrote:lawschoolnumbers.com

law2015
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: 3.7/170

Postby law2015 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:15 pm

I would say waitlist at NYU/CLS, in at Georgetown and probably in at one of UM/UPenn.

User avatar
wendys27
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Re: 3.7/170

Postby wendys27 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:04 pm

Thanks. I also applied to Stanford, assume I don't have a great shot there but decided it was worth the try

Do you think I have any chance?

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: 3.7/170

Postby soj » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:27 pm

Grizz wrote:
mauryballstein wrote:lawschoolnumbers.com

dontTazemeBrah
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: 3.7/170

Postby dontTazemeBrah » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:06 pm

lol OP is not getting into CCN that easily even if he or she went to an ivy undergrad. OP's GPA and LSAT are both below median at all of those schools. Even with an ED contract, it would be an uphill battle.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest