Unpredictable Splitter. Come in and help me.

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
lelesmiles
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:23 pm

Unpredictable Splitter. Come in and help me.

Postby lelesmiles » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:50 pm

3.1 LSDAS GPA: 173 LSAT URM

Top Ten School.
Public Policy Major (nowhere near as easy as liberal arts major but not a science major).
AA Female
First generation college student/disadvantaged background (family of drug addicts, discussed briefly in PS) .
Took year off in between sophomore year to take care of family.
Addendum: explaining leave of absence because of anxiety issues, and worrying about family back home.
Unique, not excellent softs.
One year work experience in law office (paralegal)

It's alot to handle, huh? :lol: I don't expect any real predictions, I know my case is so unique. I'm not applying until next cycle, or the one after, so I'll have more work experience and time to improve my LSAT. I've looked at LSN and didn't see too many comparable to me. Just shoot me a line and tell me what you think. Where should I apply to? Should I retake LSAT to get even higher? Purchase back to the future car to improve my gpa, what? let me know.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: Unpredictable Splitter. Come in and help me.

Postby 20130312 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:52 pm

No need to retake the LSAT. Blanket the T14 (including HYS, because who knows?) and prosper! Obviously, the results will be all over the place because you are such a unique candidate, but you will definitely get acceptances, possibly $$$ for that LSAT.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Unpredictable Splitter. Come in and help me.

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:53 pm

In at CCN

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Unpredictable Splitter. Come in and help me.

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:55 pm

You're URM, blanket the T14. You'll get into at least one of CCN and have money at lower T14s. If you want to retake for an upper 170s score, feel free, but it's not necessary. Best of luck, you'll have a great cycle. :mrgreen:

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Unpredictable Splitter. Come in and help me.

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:57 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:You're URM, blanket the T14. You'll get into at least one of CCN and have money at lower T14s. If you want to retake for an upper 170s score, feel free, but it's not necessary. Best of luck, you'll have a great cycle. :mrgreen:

I don't think there's anything to be gained from a higher score.

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Unpredictable Splitter. Come in and help me.

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:58 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:You're URM, blanket the T14. You'll get into at least one of CCN and have money at lower T14s. If you want to retake for an upper 170s score, feel free, but it's not necessary. Best of luck, you'll have a great cycle. :mrgreen:

I don't think there's anything to be gained from a higher score.

I agree (hence the 'it's not necessary'), but like I said, if she wants to retake it, it's her prerogative, and I doubt she will anyway.

User avatar
lelesmiles
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:23 pm

Re: Unpredictable Splitter. Come in and help me.

Postby lelesmiles » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:00 pm

Thanks guys. I'm not applying this cycle in case you missed that. I'm considering retaking, only because a good friend tutors and is able to attend GULC full time. I would like to have that option, rather than be completely broke the entire time.
I'll just be lurking and looking at splitter's cycles.

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Unpredictable Splitter. Come in and help me.

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:03 pm

lelesmiles wrote:Thanks guys. I'm not applying this cycle in case you missed that. I'm considering retaking, only because a good friend tutors and is able to attend GULC full time. I would like to have that option, rather than be completely broke the entire time.
I'll just be lurking and looking at splitter's cycles.

Yup, I did see that. You can tutor pretty much anywhere/with any prep company with your current score, so I wouldn't worry if I were you. You have a great app set up, just make sure you:

1) get your professor/academic LORs on file ASAP (before they forget you)
2) start writing your PS ~ a year in advance (same with your DS/C&F addendum for missing a year of school/GPA addendum/Why X statements)
3) apply in September the second that applications become available.

Don't forget to solicit fee waivers or get an LSAC waiver before applying!




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cavalier1138, massappeal and 3 guests