Will the undergraduate school I attended hurt me?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
cowboyup

Will the undergraduate school I attended hurt me?

Postby cowboyup » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:30 pm

Hi all,

I was just wondering the extent to which law schools will take into account the school where I attended for my undergrad.
I will be graduating in a few weeks from Oklahoma State University with two degrees, and I know that my school is not necessarily looked upon as a "fine academic institution." Nevertheless, I will be graduating with a 3.95 UGPA. Since OSU does not give +/- grades, I believe I am correct in assuming that this will also be my LDAS GPA (correct me if I'm wrong please).

Furthermore, I took the LSAT yesterday. My PT average going in was around a 166, and I am hoping to have scored close to that average on the actual LSAT. If I did, and with my GPA (even though I attended OSU), what are my chances of getting into a top 20 law school? My "dream schools" are the University of Texas and the University of Southern California, and I would like to enroll for Fall 2012.

I know I am assuming an LSAT score based off my PT's (which may turn out the way I want it), but please humor me.

Also, I would like to add that this forum was extremely helpful in my prep for the LSAT, and I would like to thank all of you that positively contribute to it on a regular basis. Oh, and GO POKES (2012 Big XII Football Champions)!

Thank you.

Re: Will the undergraduate school I attended hurt me?

Postby 094320 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:39 pm

Return to “What are my chances?”