164, 3.6

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Eastcoast77

164, 3.6

Postby Eastcoast77 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:08 pm

Hey I know I can look at law school numbers but I would appreciate the advice anyone has on where I may get in. 164, 3.6. Solid resume with good internships but nothing amazing either.

William and Mary Fee Waiver
Wake Forest Fee Waiver
Ohio State
Notre Dame
Boston College
GW
Miami Fee Waiver
Cornell
Penn
Vanderbilt

Thanks for in advance for any help or advice, What are my chances at the above schools? And with a school like Miami, how much money would I get?

law4vus

Re: 164, 3.6

Postby law4vus » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:14 pm

Out of those schools, the only ones you have a decent shot at are Ohio State, Wake, and Miami. I'd aim lower or retake the LSAT.

ausoccer19

Postby ausoccer19 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:23 pm

William and Mary = Waitlist/Out
Wake Forest = In, maybe with $
Ohio State = In, maybe with $
Notre Dame = Waitlist/Out
Boston College = Waitlist/Out
GW = Out
Miami = In with $$$
Cornell = Out
Penn = Out
Vanderbilt = Out

This seems a very random list of schools as far as geography goes. What region do you want to practice in? If you're looking at midwest, as ND and OSU would indicate, look at Wisconsin, Iowa, UIUC (because of new revised #'s). If you want mid-Atlantic, as indicated by GW, Wake, WM, Vandy, look at Washington and Lee, Richmond, and George Mason. Only apply Miami if you want south Florida, or add Florida/Florida St. If you want Boston/northeast, you need to retake to get BC/BU/Fordham range. Is retaking an option?

Eastcoast77

Postby Eastcoast77 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:26 pm

I thought I gave it a pretty good effort the first time, so I don't know if retaking would help. I was pting at 166 and got a 164 but I feeel like that may just be the test day drop. I basically want to go to the best school I can that is how I assembled the list. I added Miami as I felt if I got a large amount of money it would be worth it as there range is a 156-159/160.

pifhib2

Postby pifhib2 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:34 pm

You're in at Wake, probably with money. You can't really speculate how much though, because the school is using a new metric for giving out money.

swilson215

Postby swilson215 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:25 am

ausoccer19 wrote:This seems a very random list of schools as far as geography goes. What region do you want to practice in? If you're looking at midwest, as ND and OSU would indicate, look at Wisconsin, Iowa, UIUC (because of new revised #'s). If you want mid-Atlantic, as indicated by GW, Wake, WM, Vandy, look at Washington and Lee, Richmond, and George Mason. Only apply Miami if you want south Florida, or add Florida/Florida St. If you want Boston/northeast, you need to retake to get BC/BU/Fordham range. Is retaking an option?

I would have to +1 Wisconsin and UIUC. I think with your numbers you have a shot at OSU, but a lot of the schools you listed are going to be serious reaches or auto-dings (Penn, Vandy, etc.). Wake's probably a good fit, or check out Tulane, SMU, etc... You'd be in at either of those with $$, probably.

Return to “What are my chances?”