167/3.87 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ashahid

New

167/3.87

Post by ashahid » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:16 pm

What are my chances?
I'm applying late in the cycle as I'm taking the December 3rd LSAT.
I'm averaging 167-171 on practice tests, so that's what that number is based on.
Do I have a realistic chance of NYU/Columbia?

What other schools in the tristate area should I apply to, and which of these would likely give scholarships?

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Re: 167/3.87

Post by crumpetsandtea » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:25 pm

ashahid wrote:What are my chances?
I'm applying late in the cycle as I'm taking the December 3rd LSAT.
I'm averaging 167-171 on practice tests, so that's what that number is based on.
Do I have a realistic chance of NYU/Columbia?

What other schools in the tristate area should I apply to, and which of these would likely give scholarships?
To begin: have you looked at law school numbers or law school predictor yet? Now, follow up questions for your comments:

1) For what schools?
2) Late apps = chances anywhere will be lower
3) PT average means nothing, sorry to say. Many people score lower than their PT average and sometimes lower than their range as well. With a fake LSAT we can't accurately give you information about your chances, so come back late December
4) With a 167? No, sorry. ): With a 171? It's more likely, yes. See why it's USELESS to ask us for help, because it all depends on how you do in December? GO TO LSN! Research your chances yourself.

ashahid

New

Re: 167/3.87

Post by ashahid » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:27 pm

Thanks.
I have done the research.
I just am unsure of how much applying late in the cycle impacts me and I wanted a worst case scenario assessment.

Return to “What are my chances?”