Realistic targets and reaches?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
billharford

Realistic targets and reaches?

Postby billharford » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:06 am

Last edited by billharford on Tue May 08, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JamMasterJ

Re: Realistic targets and reaches?

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:09 am

is retake an option? You're kind of in that weird middle-ground (I was there before retaking) where you are solid for a lot of T30s but, the T20 is closed for the most part.\

Also, if you do it right, that could be a fine DS

billharford

Postby billharford » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:32 am

Retake is not really an option. I haven't cracked a prep book since October and don't have much motivation to start studying again. I feel my best possible score would be 170, 172 if I get lucky. But this would take a significant amount of prep time which I simply don't have.

I still have a hope, albeit a probable false hope, that at least some schools will consider my UG GPA as opposed to my LSAC calculated GPA. It seems too clear that the lower GPA is not indicative of my academic ability given it was due to drop-out and followed up with a fairly stellar 3 year academic performance.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:59 am

As someone who applied a few cycles ago with similar numbers (essentially the exact same numbers), I can say that that 2 or 3 extra LSAT points would have made all the difference in the world. It would have turned a few T14 waitlists into acceptances, good T30 scholarships into full rides, and just made life so much easier all around. However much the time commitment may seem inconvenient, I would think long and hard about passing up a chance to raise your score just a few points given how close you are to the next "level".

Return to “What are my chances?”