Question about "Softs"...thanks!

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
iwearglasses

Question about "Softs"...thanks!

Postby iwearglasses » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:39 pm

Hi there! I'm having a hard time researching "softs" and if mine are actually considered softs.

I'm an ROTC cadet. I'm the president of a national student organization on campus and served on said organization's national staff last year. I'm first generation college student. I'm planning on minoring in Arabic Studies, though I haven't received the best grades in my Arabic classes. I might double major or do the Bachelor's+One Year Peace & Conflict Studies Master's degree program prior to law school.

So, am I way off base on these or would these actually count for something?

I appreciate any help I can get this early in my admissions process! Thank you! Hope I'm not being too much of a noob here.

kalvano

Re: Question about "Softs"...thanks!

Postby kalvano » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:40 pm

Meh. Nothing really outstanding. GPA and LSAT will determine where you go.

iwearglasses

Postby iwearglasses » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:42 pm

kalvano wrote:Meh. Nothing really outstanding. GPA and LSAT will determine where you go.

Shoot. My softs are too soft.
Thank you for the quick response!!

baller

Postby baller » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:40 am

I would guess for 90% of applicants their softs don't matter. They really only matter if you are applying to HYS or have done something truly amazing.

Dont worry about it, just get a good GPA and own the LSAT

BiglawOrBust

Postby BiglawOrBust » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:52 pm

iwearglasses wrote:Hi there! I'm having a hard time researching "softs" and if mine are actually considered softs.

I'm an ROTC cadet. I'm the president of a national student organization on campus and served on said organization's national staff last year. I'm first generation college student. I'm planning on minoring in Arabic Studies, though I haven't received the best grades in my Arabic classes. I might double major or do the Bachelor's+One Year Peace & Conflict Studies Master's degree program prior to law school.

So, am I way off base on these or would these actually count for something?

I appreciate any help I can get this early in my admissions process! Thank you! Hope I'm not being too much of a noob here.

Those aren't bad, but as others have suggested, they won't make much of a difference unless you're really on the margin. Don't put too much stock into them; just worry about the ever-important numbers!

Return to “What are my chances?”