Chances at NYU ED?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Chances at NYU ED?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:49 pm

Admit
20%
Reject
No votes
WL, In
50%
WL, Out
30%

Total votes: 10

drbarry987

Chances at NYU ED?

Postby drbarry987 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:49 pm

3.95 from top 20 UG
2 yrs Fortune 100 Public Relations WE
--
Can't retake LSAT (maxed out: 2 cancels- sick + just an off day)
Strong LORs
Student tennis/lacrosse athlete throughout college
Submitted everything 9/15
In so far at Cornell and Michigan
Non URM
Want an nyc firm job

Do I have a chance here? I don't see too many people who applied ED NYU with my stats on LSN.

ty!

JamMasterJ

Re: Chances at NYU ED?

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:55 pm

probably waitlist

drbarry987

Postby drbarry987 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:11 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:probably waitlist

I know it varies year by year, but is NYU a school that is generally known for taking a decent/non-zero amount of students off the waitlist (provided you diligently do LOCIs, campus visits, etc.)? I heard a waitlist at the University of Virginia, for instance, is considered a "soft reject" of sorts--but I I'd be interested to know if NYU is perceived to be the same way?

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:12 pm

drbarry987 wrote:

I know it varies year by year, but is NYU a school that is generally known for taking a decent/non-zero amount of students off the waitlist (provided you diligently do LOCIs, campus visits, etc.)? I heard a waitlist at the University of Virginia, for instance, is considered a "soft reject" of sorts--but I I'd be interested to know if NYU is perceived to be the same way?

I'm not sure. One thing I'd add to my first post is that this year may be better for people with one weaker number and another stronger one

drbarry987

Postby drbarry987 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:52 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
drbarry987 wrote:

I'm not sure. One thing I'd add to my first post is that this year may be better for people with one weaker number and another stronger one

Thanks for you insight! Do you suspect this because LSATs administered are down?

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:53 pm

drbarry987 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
drbarry987 wrote:

Thanks for you insight! Do you suspect this because LSATs administered are down?

yeah, which has created speculation that applications will be down, meaning that schools may have to rely more heavily on splitters. Again, this is speculation

Return to “What are my chances?”