2.9, 158 December Retake

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Longhorn07

2.9, 158 December Retake

Postby Longhorn07 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:36 pm

2.9 UG GPA, 3.5 Masters of Accounting from a top 50 school. 158 on October, retaking in December and it looks like as of now I might be able to score in the mid 160s based on practice tests. I'm looking at a ton of schools mostly in the southeast including Tulane, Ole Miss, etc . Excellent softs, Non-URM. What are my chances?

LetsGoLAW

Re: 2.9, 158 December Retake

Postby LetsGoLAW » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:01 pm

Longhorn07 wrote:2.9 UG GPA, 3.5 Masters of Accounting from a top 50 school. 158 on October, retaking in December and it looks like as of now I might be able to score in the mid 160s based on practice tests. I'm looking at a ton of schools mostly in the southeast including Tulane, Ole Miss, etc . Excellent softs, Non-URM. What are my chances?

There are plenty of instances of people raising their LSAT score from the high 150s into the mid 160s. Hell, I scored a 148 and then a 163. Realize your score will decrease a few points from your practice score average (not in all cases, I should mention). I think if you go into the December LSAT prepared and calm, you can score in the mid-160s. This will make up for any lack in GPA and give you a great shot at the schools you mentioned, particularly because most law schools are taking the highest LSAT score nowadays.

Let me know if you have any questions! :)

Return to “What are my chances?”