Chances

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lawschoolhopeful13

Chances

Postby lawschoolhopeful13 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:03 pm

I'm a third year at vandy, and after calculating my gpa the law school way, I end up with a 3.73 (It'll be around the same after this semester). I didn't do as well as I had hoped on my LSAT (169). So, my question is, since I am below the 25th percentile of Columbia's entering class, is it worth gathering everything and trying to apply ED? I've read that it's not worth it usually.

Should I retake my LSAT and hope that I get into the 170s, or will it just be a waste of time?

Also, do I have a shot at Northwestern, Chicago or NYU? I haven't really done a lot of research on the numbers (just a brief glancing), so I'm not sure where I fit in. It seems like you need a 170+ to even have a shot at those schools.

Will it hurt that I only have one major? I seriously found double majoring really constricting, so I decided to do a single major.

Also, what other schools would you recommend that I check out?

Thank you in advance.

rinkrat19

Re: Chances

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:08 pm

Your numbers have a good chance at Northwestern, but not without work experience. It's almost a requirement there.

Aside from that: lawschoolnumbers.com and lawschoolpredictor.com

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:12 pm

lawschoolhopeful13 wrote:I'm a third year at vandy, and after calculating my gpa the law school way, I end up with a 3.73 (It'll be around the same after this semester). I didn't do as well as I had hoped on my LSAT (169). So, my question is, since I am below the 25th percentile of Columbia's entering class, is it worth gathering everything and trying to apply ED? I've read that it's not worth it usually.

Should I retake my LSAT and hope that I get into the 170s, or will it just be a waste of time?

Also, do I have a shot at Northwestern, Chicago or NYU? I haven't really done a lot of research on the numbers (just a brief glancing), so I'm not sure where I fit in. It seems like you need a 170+ to even have a shot at those schools.

Will it hurt that I only have one major? I seriously found double majoring really constricting, so I decided to do a single major.

Also, what other schools would you recommend that I check out?

Thank you in advance.

go to lawschoolnumbers.com to look at schools you are interested in and see how many got accepted/wled/denied with your numbers.You have a pretty solid LSAT score, but if you think you can score above a 170 go ahead and take the test again... almost all law schools now take only the highest score instead of an average. I don't think EDing at Columbia will help much, but you might have a shot at Chicago ED..maybe. I think you would have a better shot at Michigan (#7) and below.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:55 pm

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:47 pm

Lots of time to retake and improve your GPA.

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:14 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:Lots of time to retake and improve your GPA.

This. Pull a 4.0 and retake for a 170+ on your LSAT. I realize this is easier said than done, but it will help. A lot.

Return to “What are my chances?”