3.35 GPA/? LSAT Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
SportsLaw14

New

3.35 GPA/? LSAT

Post by SportsLaw14 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:47 pm

New to the forums but I've been browsing awhile and the information you guys give is fantastic! Looking forward to getting know all of you better! For my question, I will be graduating next semester and then taking the LSAT. I'm interested in contract/sports/entertainment law. My question is how well do I need to do on the LSAT to get into a high tier 2/low tier 1? I'm currently practicing right around the 160 mark. I realize my GPA isn't the greatest, but over the last three years my GPA has been right around a 3.6. First semester of my freshman year slaughtered me. Any advice/help is much appreciated!
Thanks!

vanwinkle

Platinum

Re: 3.35 GPA/? LSAT

Post by vanwinkle » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:50 pm

Generally, what people will tell you is "get the best score you can and then come back for chances". The reason is that it doesn't matter what you aim for, it doesn't matter how you practice, the only thing that matters is what you can actually get, and hypotheticals are a waste of anyone's time.

However, if it motivates you to know, 160+ should get you into the T2, and you need 164+ to get into a solid T1. You need to counteract your low-ish GPA by getting an LSAT at/above a school's median. Pick a school, look up its median LSAT, and use that as your baseline to meet/exceed.

Keep studying, and good luck.

SportsLaw14

New

Post by SportsLaw14 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:50 pm

Fair enough! Appreciate the reply! I'll concentrate my efforts on doing well on the LSAT and we'll see how we end up!
Thanks!

CodyRuegger

New

Post by CodyRuegger » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:30 am

IMO, don't think in terms of hitting a certain target score, just get the best score you can. I have the exact same GPA as you, but the LSAT is really incredibly important and can open a lot of doors if you give it your all.

To answer your question more directly, though, a 170 would probably see you some offers in the top 25, a 164 or 165 would achieve a similar effect for the top 50.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”