3.81/161 Where to ED? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
nmd2810

New

3.81/161 Where to ED?

Post by nmd2810 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:07 pm

Hey guys,

I've posted my numbers in the topic. I know a 161 isn't a high enough LSAT score and I was expecting to score 2-3 points higher, but it is what it is. I've gone through all the materials, taken a prep-course and tried my best. If i take it again, I might be able to improve by 2-3 points probably, but nothing too drastic. And I don't think a couple of points are worth waiting a year. So since I do have a fairly high GPA, I was wondering where I can ED to increase my chances. I'm interested in working in the Northeast (NY/Boston). Preferably NY since that's where my family and friends are. Also, I'd like to work in Biglaw but I don't have high expectations for that considering my LSAT. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot everyone! :D

Grizz

Diamond

Re: 3.81/161 Where to ED?

Post by Grizz » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:52 pm

ED outside of certain schools (UVA comes to mind) doesn't really increase your chances.

Those numbers won't get you into a NYC or Boston School worth going to buddy. I wouldn't got to a worse school that Fordham/BU/BC. Retake or don't go.

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:59 pm

nmd2810 wrote:Hey guys,

And I don't think a couple of points are worth waiting a year.
Think again. Your GPA is strong, you need to work out why you're not matching that potential in LSAT score. A 169/170 may well be worth a couple of million dollars over the rest of your work life.

Even a few points more will probably earn you some decent scholarships. It could easily be worth $100,000 over the three years and, assuming you're borrowing to go to school, that's worth about $225,000 by the time you pay it back.

Find an easy job for the next year and focus on the LSAT. Seriously, a year working in Starbucks and studying for the LSAT could save you a small fortune or net you a very large one.

UnamSanctam

Platinum

Post by UnamSanctam » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:02 pm

I know this advice gets repetitive, but please retake. Just do it. You could go so many places with a 170+.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”