2.7/165 Army Ranger chances at W&L

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
tbone1
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:50 am

2.7/165 Army Ranger chances at W&L

Postby tbone1 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:10 pm

I had to change the subject, no one responded.
I should hear back from W&L on Thursday and the anticipation is killing me. Here are my stats

165
2.7
Left school my junior year in 2001 with a horrible GPA and enlisted in the Army. When I returned to finish school, I completed my last 33 semester hours with a 3.9 GPA

For what it's worth I had a 30 minute phone interview with Mr Twitty, the admissions director.

I spent 8 years as an Army Ranger with 6 combat deployments.

Do I have a shot with my low GPA?

Antj88
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 11:59 pm

Re: 2.7/165 Army Ranger chances at W&L

Postby Antj88 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:44 am

You should considering the fact you made a 165 on your Lsat.

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: 2.7/165 Army Ranger chances at W&L

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:54 am

My guess is unscientific, but I'd have to say yes. Your LSAT certainly gives you a fighting chance and having served is a good soft. Also, your country thanks you.

Antj88
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 11:59 pm

Re: 2.7/165 Army Ranger chances at W&L

Postby Antj88 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:16 am

Just go to Lawschoolpredictor.com and that'll give you an idea.

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: 2.7/165 Army Ranger chances at W&L

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:12 am

Your GPA is no longer a factor; the 30 minute phone interview with the admissions director will be the deciding factor.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 2.7/165 Army Ranger chances at W&L

Postby Grizz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:16 am

Maybe your service can get you in, but looks like WL

http://wl.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/1011/

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: 2.7/165 Army Ranger chances at W&L

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:09 am

It will be interesting to read of your decision this Thursday. In my opinion, you are in unless you did not interview well. OP: What is your impression of the interview ?

tbone1
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:50 am

Re: 2.7/165 Army Ranger chances at W&L

Postby tbone1 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:24 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:It will be interesting to read of your decision this Thursday. In my opinion, you are in unless you did not interview well. OP: What is your impression of the interview ?



I think it went well. We talked about Ranger School and other random topics. We'll see tomorrow. I was accepted to Baylor today, which was a "deny" school by law school predictor and other various websites.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 2.7/165 Army Ranger chances at W&L

Postby Grizz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:36 pm

tbone1 wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:It will be interesting to read of your decision this Thursday. In my opinion, you are in unless you did not interview well. OP: What is your impression of the interview ?



I think it went well. We talked about Ranger School and other random topics. We'll see tomorrow. I was accepted to Baylor today, which was a "deny" school by law school predictor and other various websites.

CHECK YOU LAWSCHOOLNUMBERS.COM

LSP isn't always right. You had a great shot at Baylor

http://baylor.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/1011/

tbone1
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:50 am

Re: 2.7/165 Army Ranger chances at W&L

Postby tbone1 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:28 pm

Grizz wrote:
tbone1 wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:It will be interesting to read of your decision this Thursday. In my opinion, you are in unless you did not interview well. OP: What is your impression of the interview ?



I think it went well. We talked about Ranger School and other random topics. We'll see tomorrow. I was accepted to Baylor today, which was a "deny" school by law school predictor and other various websites.

CHECK YOU LAWSCHOOLNUMBERS.COM

LSP isn't always right. You had a great shot at Baylor

http://baylor.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/1011/


I've looked at lawschoolnumbers for hours on end and yes I understand that I'll most likely be waitlisted. That being said, I cannot find one applicant with my life experiences. I hope that makes a difference.

User avatar
Jah'rakal
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: 2.7/165 Army Ranger chances at W&L

Postby Jah'rakal » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:27 pm

such a joke military is considered a good soft

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: 2.7/165 Army Ranger chances at W&L

Postby stillwater » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:28 pm

Good luck buddy. I am hoping for good news for you.

tbone1
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:50 am

Re: 2.7/165 Army Ranger chances at W&L

Postby tbone1 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:05 pm

Jah'rakal wrote:such a joke military is considered a good soft


What exactly does that mean?

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 2.7/165 Army Ranger chances at W&L

Postby Grizz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:13 pm

tbone1 wrote:
Jah'rakal wrote:such a joke military is considered a good soft


What exactly does that mean?

It's a good soft. Jah'kral trolls, but he does a pretty shitty job of it in that no one falls for it, and it's not funny.

tbone1
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:50 am

Re: 2.7/165 Army Ranger chances at W&L

Postby tbone1 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:08 pm

IN!!!!

bmore
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: 2.7/165 Army Ranger chances at W&L

Postby bmore » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:11 pm

Congratulations and thanks :D

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: 2.7/165 Army Ranger chances at W&L

Postby stillwater » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:12 pm

tbone1 wrote:IN!!!!


Congrats man

User avatar
PurplePirate
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 4:01 pm

Re: 2.7/165 Army Ranger chances at W&L

Postby PurplePirate » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:13 pm

Congrats Tbone! You deserve it.

User avatar
Jah'rakal
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: 2.7/165 Army Ranger chances at W&L

Postby Jah'rakal » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:56 pm

PurplePirate wrote:Congrats Tbone! You deserve it.

how?

User avatar
ThomasMN
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: 2.7/165 Army Ranger chances at W&L

Postby ThomasMN » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:07 pm

Jah'rakal wrote:
PurplePirate wrote:Congrats Tbone! You deserve it.

how?


Because he could defeat you in armed combat.

User avatar
PurplePirate
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 4:01 pm

Re: 2.7/165 Army Ranger chances at W&L

Postby PurplePirate » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:11 pm

ThomasMN wrote:
Jah'rakal wrote:
PurplePirate wrote:Congrats Tbone! You deserve it.

how?


Because he could defeat you in armed combat.



This

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 2.7/165 Army Ranger chances at W&L

Postby Grizz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:12 pm

tbone1 wrote:IN!!!!

Grats brah

User avatar
sky7
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:44 pm

Re: 2.7/165 Army Ranger chances at W&L

Postby sky7 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:17 pm

Congrats, bro. Thanks for your service.

User avatar
Jah'rakal
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: 2.7/165 Army Ranger chances at W&L

Postby Jah'rakal » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:37 pm

ThomasMN wrote:
Jah'rakal wrote:
PurplePirate wrote:Congrats Tbone! You deserve it.

how?


Because he could defeat you in armed combat.

cause he's a grunt who murder for oil

User avatar
PurplePirate
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 4:01 pm

Re: 2.7/165 Army Ranger chances at W&L

Postby PurplePirate » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:38 pm

Jah'rakal wrote:
ThomasMN wrote:
Jah'rakal wrote:
PurplePirate wrote:Congrats Tbone! You deserve it.

how?


Because he could defeat you in armed combat.

cause he's a grunt who murder for oil


Oh look, it's that guy.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jer0689 and 1 guest