T20 chances?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
dreakol
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:56 pm

T20 chances?

Postby dreakol » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:36 pm

3.3 158

really hoping for for a T20

very interesting softs

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: T20 chances?

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:40 pm

I would retake

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T20 chances?

Postby kaiser » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:40 pm

Are you a URM? If not, then zero chance at a T20. Your focus should be largely on schools ranked 50-100.

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: T20 chances?

Postby stillwater » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:41 pm

msblaw89 wrote:I would retake


This.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18410
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: T20 chances?

Postby bk1 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:43 pm

You have several hundred posts, I'm pretty sure you know the answer to your question.

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: T20 chances?

Postby emkay625 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:52 pm

dreakol wrote:3.3 158

really hoping for for a T20

very interesting softs


Interesting softs as in AA male who served in Iraq?

Or Interesting softs as in internships, clubs, etc?

Details would help us provide you with better advice.

dreakol
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:56 pm

Re: T20 chances?

Postby dreakol » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:49 pm

bk1 wrote:You have several hundred posts, I'm pretty sure you know the answer to your question.


my posts are mostly from the off topic forum

dreakol
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:56 pm

Re: T20 chances?

Postby dreakol » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:50 pm

kaiser wrote:Are you a URM? If not, then zero chance at a T20. Your focus should be largely on schools ranked 50-100.


my step-dad is black and he lived in my house for a few years

i'm thinking about working that into my diversity statement, any advice?

dreakol
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:56 pm

Re: T20 chances?

Postby dreakol » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:50 pm

emkay625 wrote:
dreakol wrote:3.3 158

really hoping for for a T20

very interesting softs


Interesting softs as in AA male who served in Iraq?

Or Interesting softs as in internships, clubs, etc?

Details would help us provide you with better advice.


i was in a pre-law frat in UG

it was small, so i'm assuming it is rare for applicants

User avatar
top30man
Posts: 1224
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: T20 chances?

Postby top30man » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:52 pm

stillwater wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:I would retake


This.

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T20 chances?

Postby kaiser » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:53 pm

dreakol wrote:
emkay625 wrote:
dreakol wrote:3.3 158

really hoping for for a T20

very interesting softs


Interesting softs as in AA male who served in Iraq?

Or Interesting softs as in internships, clubs, etc?

Details would help us provide you with better advice.


i was in a pre-law frat in UG

it was small, so i'm assuming it is rare for applicants


Nah, that will make little to no difference. And even if it did make a minute difference, it surely wouldn't be enough to warrant admission to a T20 given your figures. As I said earlier, you should be focused on schools ranked in the 50-100 range (unless of course you retake and raise your score, if possible)

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: T20 chances?

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:56 pm

dreakol wrote:i was in a pre-law frat in UG

it was small, so i'm assuming it is rare for applicants

dreakol wrote:my step-dad is black and he lived in my house for a few years

i'm thinking about working that into my diversity statement, any advice?

My trolldar is admittedly faulty, but... :|

dreakol
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:56 pm

Re: T20 chances?

Postby dreakol » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:56 pm

kaiser wrote:
dreakol wrote:
emkay625 wrote:
dreakol wrote:3.3 158

really hoping for for a T20

very interesting softs


Interesting softs as in AA male who served in Iraq?

Or Interesting softs as in internships, clubs, etc?

Details would help us provide you with better advice.


i was in a pre-law frat in UG

it was small, so i'm assuming it is rare for applicants


Nah, that will make little to no difference. And even if it did make a minute difference, it surely wouldn't be enough to warrant admission to a T20 given your figures. As I said earlier, you should be focused on schools ranked in the 50-100 range (unless of course you retake and raise your score, if possible)


i studied pretty hard so i'm counting on my resume to get me in the door

any advice? i did it for two semesters, so i was able to get some responsibility

i'm thinking ucla and vandy will bite, don't really want to go to washu since their medians are so low

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T20 chances?

Postby kaiser » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:58 pm

dreakol wrote:i studied pretty hard so i'm counting on my resume to get me in the door

any advice? i did it for two semesters, so i was able to get some responsibility

i'm thinking ucla and vandy will bite, don't really want to go to washu since their medians are so low


What are you talking about? Your numbers are completely out of range for all of those schools. A resume doesn't "get you in the door". Numbers get you in the door. A resume just helps push you along once you are already inside.

I'm starting to think flame (with the WUSTL comment)

dreakol
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:56 pm

Re: T20 chances?

Postby dreakol » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:00 pm

kaiser wrote:
dreakol wrote:i studied pretty hard so i'm counting on my resume to get me in the door

any advice? i did it for two semesters, so i was able to get some responsibility

i'm thinking ucla and vandy will bite, don't really want to go to washu since their medians are so low


What are you talking about? Your numbers are completely out of range for all of those schools. A resume doesn't "get you in the door". Numbers get you in the door. A resume just helps push you along once you are already inside.

I'm starting to think flame (with the WUSTL comment)


what advice do you have? i worked a job throughout my senior year. also, do i have a urm claim?

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: T20 chances?

Postby emkay625 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:01 pm

dreakol wrote:
emkay625 wrote:
dreakol wrote:3.3 158

really hoping for for a T20

very interesting softs


Interesting softs as in AA male who served in Iraq?

Or Interesting softs as in internships, clubs, etc?

Details would help us provide you with better advice.


i was in a pre-law frat in UG

it was small, so i'm assuming it is rare for applicants


That will not help. They won't care if you were in a pre-law frat.

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: T20 chances?

Postby emkay625 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:02 pm

dreakol wrote:
kaiser wrote:
dreakol wrote:i studied pretty hard so i'm counting on my resume to get me in the door

any advice? i did it for two semesters, so i was able to get some responsibility

i'm thinking ucla and vandy will bite, don't really want to go to washu since their medians are so low


What are you talking about? Your numbers are completely out of range for all of those schools. A resume doesn't "get you in the door". Numbers get you in the door. A resume just helps push you along once you are already inside.

I'm starting to think flame (with the WUSTL comment)


what advice do you have? i worked a job throughout my senior year. also, do i have a urm claim?


You do not have a URM claim.

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T20 chances?

Postby kaiser » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:03 pm

dreakol wrote:
kaiser wrote:
dreakol wrote:i studied pretty hard so i'm counting on my resume to get me in the door

any advice? i did it for two semesters, so i was able to get some responsibility

i'm thinking ucla and vandy will bite, don't really want to go to washu since their medians are so low


What are you talking about? Your numbers are completely out of range for all of those schools. A resume doesn't "get you in the door". Numbers get you in the door. A resume just helps push you along once you are already inside.

I'm starting to think flame (with the WUSTL comment)


what advice do you have? i worked a job throughout my senior year. also, do i have a urm claim?


What is your ethnic/racial background & nationality? How the hell would I know if you have a "URM claim" if I don't know what culture you are or what race you are?

Tons of people worked jobs during undergrad. It really doesn't make a difference.

dreakol
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:56 pm

Re: T20 chances?

Postby dreakol » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:04 pm

kaiser wrote:
dreakol wrote:
kaiser wrote:
dreakol wrote:i studied pretty hard so i'm counting on my resume to get me in the door

any advice? i did it for two semesters, so i was able to get some responsibility

i'm thinking ucla and vandy will bite, don't really want to go to washu since their medians are so low


What are you talking about? Your numbers are completely out of range for all of those schools. A resume doesn't "get you in the door". Numbers get you in the door. A resume just helps push you along once you are already inside.

I'm starting to think flame (with the WUSTL comment)


what advice do you have? i worked a job throughout my senior year. also, do i have a urm claim?


What is your ethnic/racial background & nationality? How the hell would I know if you have a "URM claim" if I don't know what culture you are or what race you are?

Tons of people worked jobs during undergrad. It really doesn't make a difference.


i'm white but my step-dad is black and we lived together for a few years so i tend to identify with that culture

will law schools get mad if i put down african american on my application?

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: T20 chances?

Postby emkay625 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:06 pm

A quick check of user's past posts shows he deposited and enrolled at Temple last cycle.

So, flame.

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T20 chances?

Postby kaiser » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:06 pm

dreakol wrote:i'm white but my step-dad is black and we lived together for a few years so i tend to identify with that culture

will law schools get mad if i put down african american on my application?


Yeah, you are definitely white then. Can't justifiably put down african american because you aren't. So apply like someone who has a 3.3 and 158 or retake to increase your chances. Thats really all there is to it. There is no advice that anyone can give you that you don't know already about this.

dreakol
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:56 pm

Re: T20 chances?

Postby dreakol » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:07 pm

emkay625 wrote:A quick check of user's past posts shows he deposited and enrolled at Temple last cycle.

So, flame.


i withdrew

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T20 chances?

Postby kaiser » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:09 pm

dreakol wrote:
emkay625 wrote:A quick check of user's past posts shows he deposited and enrolled at Temple last cycle.

So, flame.


i withdrew


Well then you already played the admissions game and saw what those figures would get you. its not gonna be magically different this time.

User avatar
sambeber
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:05 pm

Re: T20 chances?

Postby sambeber » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:15 pm

dreakol wrote:
emkay625 wrote:A quick check of user's past posts shows he deposited and enrolled at Temple last cycle.

So, flame.


i withdrew


Please stop wasting everyone's time.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=171186&p=4920158#p4920158 (OP claims to be 3.11/172)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=165520&p=4773870#p4773870 (OP claims 3.67/169)

/thread

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7167
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: T20 chances?

Postby UnamSanctam » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:23 pm

dreakol wrote:
kaiser wrote:Are you a URM? If not, then zero chance at a T20. Your focus should be largely on schools ranked 50-100.


my step-dad is black and he lived in my house for a few years

i'm thinking about working that into my diversity statement, any advice?


Anybody who didn't call troll after this post needs to take a long look in the mirror.

/thread




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest