165/3.6

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Marie34

165/3.6

Postby Marie34 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:07 pm

Hey everyone! I was just wondering what you thought my chances were for the following schools. While I would of course like a scholarship, I'm fortunate enough to have my law school tuition already paid for without worrying about loans or aid. Accounting major and I'd like to think I have average-above average softs with a very strong upward grade trend. (3.1 freshman year to 3.95 my junior year)

I'm most worried about whether I included enough safeties or not?

Boston U
BC
UCLA
USC
UNC
Ohio state
Notre Dame
U. Maryland
U. Miami
Cornell (undergrad at Ithaca College, and rumors are that they tend to be more lenient toward IC applicants)
Fordham

law4vus

Re: 165/3.6

Postby law4vus » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:32 pm

Marie34 wrote:Boston U - WL/Out
BC - Out
UCLA - Out
USC - WL/Out
UNC - In
Ohio state - In
Notre Dame - WL
U. Maryland - In
U. Miami - In
Cornell (undergrad at Ithaca College, and rumors are that they tend to be more lenient toward IC applicants) - Out. Don't pay attention to rumors about being more lenient on one school vs. another because the USNews rankings don't differentiate between schools. UG attended makes almost zero difference.
Fordham - WL/In

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:21 pm

Marie34 wrote:Hey everyone! I was just wondering what you thought my chances were for the following schools. While I would of course like a scholarship, I'm fortunate enough to have my law school tuition already paid for without worrying about loans or aid. Accounting major and I'd like to think I have average-above average softs with a very strong upward grade trend. (3.1 freshman year to 3.95 my junior year)

I'm most worried about whether I included enough safeties or not?

Boston U
BC
UCLA
USC
UNC
Ohio state
Notre Dame
U. Maryland
U. Miami
Cornell (undergrad at Ithaca College, and rumors are that they tend to be more lenient toward IC applicants)
Fordham

First off, def check out LSN. Miami is certainly a safety, but other that Miami who else is a safety? I would consider a safety a school where you are over the 75th for both the LSAT and GPA. I think you are at the 50% or 25% for most of the other schools. Of the schools you applied where you fall at the 50%, I am sure you will be accepted to at least one... but I would suggest applying to at least one or two more schools were you are over the 75th just to be safe.

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:25 pm

Check out law school predictor too...that is a very helpful tool. Th best hope for substantial scholarship $$ would be if you are at or over the 75th , which would only be Miami, Maryland, and Ohio State.

Return to “What are my chances?”