.

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
ab616
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:49 pm

.

Postby ab616 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:52 pm

I've looked at the lawschoolnumbers and lots of threads on this site and I have a general idea of where I could get in but there seem to be lots of knowledgable people on this site that maybe could give some real world advice.

I'd know where you would apply if you had similar stats. I like Pace, but I'm open to pretty much anywhere I can get in and get money. all opinions welcome!
Last edited by ab616 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
law4vus
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:35 am

Re: 2.8/159 URM queer...what to do

Postby law4vus » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:55 pm

ab616 wrote:I've looked at the lawschoolnumbers and lots of threads on this site and I have a general idea of where I could get in but there seem to be lots of knowledgable people on this site that maybe could give some real world advice.

I'd know where you would apply if you had similar stats. I like Pace, but I'm open to pretty much anywhere I can get in and get money. all opinions welcome!


What kind of URM are you?

No need for Pace, you can probably snag an acceptance somewhere in Tier 1. Being gay probably won't help you, but being a URM will.

Where do you ideally want to live/practice?

User avatar
john1990
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: 2.8/159 URM queer...what to do

Postby john1990 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:37 am

i was banned on this board for saying
"i have no problem with Q....r's
and then this guy makes this thread :|

User avatar
Angrygeopolitically
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:39 pm

Re: 2.8/159 URM queer...what to do

Postby Angrygeopolitically » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:42 am

^ You see no difference?

Op, can you retake?
Apply broadly otherwise.

User avatar
john1990
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: 2.8/159 URM queer...what to do

Postby john1990 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:47 am

i do it for the lol's

edit- also i apologize for posting that comment on the board in the first place

User avatar
ab616
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: 2.8/159 URM queer...what to do

Postby ab616 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:59 am

Angrygeopolitically wrote:^ You see no difference?

Op, can you retake?
Apply broadly otherwise.


I don't think retaking would be beneficial for me, so I'm sticking with this score. My list is pretty broad, I guess I'm wondering how high/low I should aim

User avatar
Angrygeopolitically
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:39 pm

Re: 2.8/159 URM queer...what to do

Postby Angrygeopolitically » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:02 am

It will be very unpredictable. What kind of URM are you? I think you should apply everywhere from UHouston to BC

User avatar
ab616
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: 2.8/159 URM queer...what to do

Postby ab616 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:20 am

Angrygeopolitically wrote:It will be very unpredictable. What kind of URM are you? I think you should apply everywhere from UHouston to BC


I'm half Colombian & half African-American

User avatar
ab616
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: 2.8/159 URM queer...what to do

Postby ab616 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:23 am

john1990 wrote:i was banned on this board for saying
"i have no problem with Q....r's
and then this guy makes this thread :|


I think it can be considered an offensive term depending on the context, but I think it suits me much better than lesbian/other alternatives :) seems like a stupid thing to be banned for considering your usage

User avatar
john1990
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: 2.8/159 URM queer...what to do

Postby john1990 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:59 am

ab616 wrote:
john1990 wrote:i was banned on this board for saying
"i have no problem with Q....r's
and then this guy makes this thread :|


I think it can be considered an offensive term depending on the context, but I think it suits me much better than lesbian/other alternatives :) seems like a stupid thing to be banned for considering your usage


+1




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: whodareswins and 4 guests