Top Midwestern Schools for URM (AA) 3.81 GPA

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
theyoungintellectual

Top Midwestern Schools for URM (AA) 3.81 GPA

Postby theyoungintellectual » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:05 am

Hi TLS

I want to attend law school and will be taking the December LSAT. I have been PT'ing between 163 and 169. If I were to attain a score of at least 168 or higher, what do you think of my chances at top Midwestern Law Schools? I am from Toledo, Ohio and I currently attend The Ohio State University, pursuing a double major in Economics and Philosophy. I would like to move back home to Toledo when I am finished with school and my top school is Michigan with it's proximity to Toledo (only 45 minutes away), although, I'm not sure how well my Ohio State undergrad would go with other Michigan students. The other law schools that I would love to attend are: University of Notre Dame, University of Chicago, Washington University in Saint Louis, and Northwestern University.

Here is a least of Top Law Schools in the Midwest that I have compiled:

University of Chicago
University of Michigan
Northwestern University
Washington University in Saint Louis
University of Notre Dame
University of Minnesota
Indiana University
The Ohio State University
University of Wisconsin
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
University of Iowa
Case Western Reserve University
University of Pittsburgh
University of Cincinnati

What are my chances? :D

Blessedassurance

Re: Top Midwestern Schools for URM (AA) 3.81 GPA

Postby Blessedassurance » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:19 am

Hypotheticals go here:

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com

After you get an actual score:

http://www.top-law-schools.com

j12

Re: Top Midwestern Schools for URM (AA) 3.81 GPA

Postby j12 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:30 am

If you really want to end up in Toledo, check out the websites for law firms there to see where they went to school. I don't know anything about Toledo, but I'm guessing it's not a large market and that alumni connections will be very helpful. I think WUSTL is a very good school, but that doesn't mean they get any play in Toledo. Purely guessing I would say there's are the only schools you need to bother applying to with the goal of Toledo law in mind:

University of Chicago
University of Michigan
Northwestern University
University of Notre Dame
Indiana University
The Ohio State University

With a 168 I think you have a realistic shot at any of these schools. Now go make that happen. With a164 (basically 1 more miss per section) your outlook drops significantly for the schools near the top of your list. Best of luck.

Return to “What are my chances?”