159/ 2.89 Tennessee Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
alangsto

New

159/ 2.89 Tennessee

Post by alangsto » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:14 am

I'm wanting to probably stay in the Southeast. My top school is Tennessee, in-state resident. I was in seminary working on a masters degree before deciding to pursue law school and my grades from there are fine. I know my GPA is below the 25% but my LSAT is about dead 50% and I am a UT grad. Any advice?

Grizz

Diamond

Re: 159/ 2.89 Tennessee

Post by Grizz » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:01 am

alangsto wrote:I'm wanting to probably stay in the Southeast. My top school is Tennessee, in-state resident. I was in seminary working on a masters degree before deciding to pursue law school and my grades from there are fine. I know my GPA is below the 25% but my LSAT is about dead 50% and I am a UT grad. Any advice?
Retake LSAT for hopefully a 161 or 162.

http://tennessee.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/1011/

Also, don't plan on leaving Tennessee for a jerb, so if you want to work in another state, go there.

American_in_China

Bronze

Post by American_in_China » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:51 am

Retake if you want to be sure of getting in; don't go unless you can commit yourself. While UTK does well in Knox, Chattanooga, Nashville, and Asheville (and maybe Charlotte), that's about it. YOu'll have to land pretty high in the class to get back into Nashville as well, since Vandy has the city locked up. I'd say retake and work hard; you might be able to land a small scholarship and with the low in state tuition, you'll be set.

I also realize I tipped my hand on where I'm from by answering this post.

deadpanic

Silver

Post by deadpanic » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:36 am

Retake. With your current stats, I'd say your odds are pretty low.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”