Confused

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
derp

Confused

Postby derp » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:42 pm

I'm set to take the LSAT in February and had come to grips with the fact that it is entirely too late if I want to go to school next fall; however, a friend of mine tells me that it's later in the process, but isn't too late.

Even if it isn't too late, my chance go down due to my late application-- yes?

Additionally, many of the applications are due about two days after I take the LSAT and obviously I won't have my score by then. Another friend of mine who is in law school suggested e-mailing the school and asking them to judge my application based on a future LSAT score.

I'm dumb.

Kilpatrick

Re: Confused

Postby Kilpatrick » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:48 pm

derp wrote:I'm set to take the LSAT in February and had come to grips with the fact that it is entirely too late if I want to go to school next fall; however, a friend of mine tells me that it's later in the process, but isn't too late.

Even if it isn't too late, my chance go down due to my late application-- yes?

Additionally, many of the applications are due about two days after I take the LSAT and obviously I won't have my score by then. Another friend of mine who is in law school suggested e-mailing the school and asking them to judge my application based on a future LSAT score.

I'm dumb.

Your first friend is totally wrong. Schools accept applicants on a rolling basis and will have most of their class filled by the time Feb results come out. You would be at a severe disadvantage applying that late. You may still get some acceptances, but you would very likely not get the same kind of scholarship offers you could have gotten if you applied earlier.

Your second friend is less dumb. You can submit your application before the deadline and ask the school to wait for your Feb lsat score. But again, this is way late in the process.

Go back to being at peace with the fact that you shouldn't be applying until the 12-13 cycle.
Last edited by Kilpatrick on Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

law4vus

Postby law4vus » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:50 pm

Kilpatrick wrote:Go back to being at peace with the fact that you shouldn't be applying until the 11-12 cycle.

12-13?

TrojanHopeful

Postby TrojanHopeful » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:51 pm

Further, many deadlines are February 1. Wait until next cycle.

Kilpatrick

Postby Kilpatrick » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:51 pm

law4vus wrote:
Kilpatrick wrote:Go back to being at peace with the fact that you shouldn't be applying until the 11-12 cycle.

12-13?

Oops. I forgot what year it is. That's what I meant

jim-green

Postby jim-green » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:56 pm

What are your softs?

derp

Postby derp » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:13 pm

Thanks all for the honest replies. Exactly what I need before making a decision.

I believe I'm going to wait and apply for the Spring of 2013. I've checked with the law school I want to attend and they do have Spring admissions so taking my LSAT in February should give me plenty of time to apply and get a shot at a decent scholarship.

Kilpatrick

Postby Kilpatrick » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:20 pm

How do you know what law school you want to go to if you haven't taken the LSAT yet?

Return to “What are my chances?”