I'm cashing in on my one hypothetical 3.51/171

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Chances of getting into Boalt(%)?

40%
1-10
28%
10-20
15%
20-40
9%
40-60
4%
60-100
4%

Total votes: 47

Da1andOnlyPharo

Re: I'm cashing in on my one hypothetical 3.51/171

Postby Da1andOnlyPharo » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:57 pm

PurplePirate wrote:
Da1andOnlyPharo wrote:The above are hypothetical circumstances (well, many are true, mainly the numbers are hypo).

OP's LSAT is hypo, no matter what he/she says.

Believe what you want. In the future, try not to let jealousy get the best of you.

Grizz wrote:
Da1andOnlyPharo wrote:@Grizz You're not clever. Since I already stated that I do in fact have an LSAT score and GPA, and I assume you can read, I can only imagine you're referring to the fact that I "don't have super softs." I don't really give a fuck, whoever made that picture didn't make the rules of the internet, so you should just stop trying to be a cheeky bastard and not waste any more of my time. Literally don't care if I get banned at this point, its like pulling teeth trying to get actual insight here because people like you would rather just agitate people instead of helping them.

I pulled the image from the sticky thread in this subforum you miserable fuck.

U mad cuz im stylin on u?

I know, I obviously saw it before I ever posted in this thread. The reason I called you out is because you, like many others on this forum, like to condescendingly refer people LSN or the Law School Predictor as if they decided to go to law school yesterday. Can LSN or LSP tell me how a year of work experience or a positive GPA trend or an academic misconduct charge will effect my admissions? No, so why am I constantly getting referred to these sites? I liked this forum when I was prepping for the LSAT because people had an interest in helping each other, but the crowd I find on these other sections just come off as arrogant know-it-alls that have to feed their ego by talking down to people.

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:08 pm

Don't aim for Boalt with those numbers IMO--the GPA will make it unlikely you will get in for one thing, and I also personally feel that Boalt is overrated compared to some of it's peers. Traditionally that may not be true, and Berkeley does give a reasonable shot at academia to those who do well at Boalt, but I think Boalt got particularly killed at OCI compared to most other T10 schools recently, and unless you are on partial scholly or in-state it is now extremely expensive to go there (granted, CA does make it relatively easy to get in-state after year one).

I would focus on top schools that are more splitter friendly. With 171/3.5 you at least should be in T14 range though, and maybe if lucky T10.

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:39 pm

Da1- you'd be better off to start a thread specifically about the bribery charge. Asking for opinions without real numbers makes any meaningful commentary difficult. Your WE and grade trends are incredibly unlikely to make any differences or "boosts" in your application. Your real concern should be not getting into schools where your numbers should give you quality shots, not praying that your unimpressive softs will put you in a school like Boalt.

Da1andOnlyPharo

Postby Da1andOnlyPharo » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:59 pm

paratactical wrote:Da1- you'd be better off to start a thread specifically about the bribery charge. Asking for opinions without real numbers makes any meaningful commentary difficult. Your WE and grade trends are incredibly unlikely to make any differences or "boosts" in your application. Your real concern should be not getting into schools where your numbers should give you quality shots, not praying that your unimpressive softs will put you in a school like Boalt.

You think the bribery thing is really that serious even though I was found not guilty?

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:01 pm

It really depends on the details and how you choose to address it, but yes, I would take it incredibly seriously if I were you. I would get my official record and call the bar associations in the states I wanted to practice in to make sure that I was aware of whatever extra hurdles those charges could present.

Bodhi_mind

Postby Bodhi_mind » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:58 am

I feel you bro, but the palm greasing image was pretty funny I have to admit

Da1andOnlyPharo wrote:
PurplePirate wrote:
Da1andOnlyPharo wrote:The above are hypothetical circumstances (well, many are true, mainly the numbers are hypo).

OP's LSAT is hypo, no matter what he/she says.

Believe what you want. In the future, try not to let jealousy get the best of you.

Grizz wrote:
Da1andOnlyPharo wrote:@Grizz You're not clever. Since I already stated that I do in fact have an LSAT score and GPA, and I assume you can read, I can only imagine you're referring to the fact that I "don't have super softs." I don't really give a fuck, whoever made that picture didn't make the rules of the internet, so you should just stop trying to be a cheeky bastard and not waste any more of my time. Literally don't care if I get banned at this point, its like pulling teeth trying to get actual insight here because people like you would rather just agitate people instead of helping them.

I pulled the image from the sticky thread in this subforum you miserable fuck.

U mad cuz im stylin on u?

I know, I obviously saw it before I ever posted in this thread. The reason I called you out is because you, like many others on this forum, like to condescendingly refer people LSN or the Law School Predictor as if they decided to go to law school yesterday. Can LSN or LSP tell me how a year of work experience or a positive GPA trend or an academic misconduct charge will effect my admissions? No, so why am I constantly getting referred to these sites? I liked this forum when I was prepping for the LSAT because people had an interest in helping each other, but the crowd I find on these other sections just come off as arrogant know-it-alls that have to feed their ego by talking down to people.

Da1andOnlyPharo

Postby Da1andOnlyPharo » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:51 am

Haha no I actually loved all the jabs about the bribery, especially the picture. Even the judge I talked to about it was laughing about it.

kerflux

Postby kerflux » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:26 pm

Thanks to the OP for bringing back "cheeky bastard," lol, great jibe, I feel like we're in a convalescent home

happyshapy

Postby happyshapy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:49 pm

Da1andOnlyPharo wrote:
paratactical wrote:Da1- you'd be better off to start a thread specifically about the bribery charge. Asking for opinions without real numbers makes any meaningful commentary difficult. Your WE and grade trends are incredibly unlikely to make any differences or "boosts" in your application. Your real concern should be not getting into schools where your numbers should give you quality shots, not praying that your unimpressive softs will put you in a school like Boalt.

You think the bribery thing is really that serious even though I was found not guilty?

paratactical response is TCR. Academic misconduct is a SERIOUS charge when applying to a professional academic school. A very serious charge. Not only did you cheat but then you used bribery to get out of it. It doesn't matter that you were found not guilty, you still need to report it. When you're found not guilty of something and you have to report it on law school apps the schools will believe that you were actually not guilty, but I wouldn't say this is true in your case. You don't have that great a track record if you have another charge for academic misconduct on top of the bribery. They are likely to see that negatively even though you were found not guilty.

Schools you would have a great shot at with your hypothetical numbers might be out of reach for you. Start a threat about people who had similar charges or red flags on their records but still got into their target schools.

Kabuo

Postby Kabuo » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:40 pm

happyshapy wrote:
Schools you would have a great shot at with your hypothetical numbers might be out of reach for you. Start a threat about people who had similar charges or red flags on their records but still got into their target schools.

I think the last thing someone of questionable character needs to be doing to remedy the situation is making threats. :wink:

Return to “What are my chances?”