ED at Penn?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
boomer6289

ED at Penn?

Postby boomer6289 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:25 pm

Last edited by boomer6289 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnnyutah

Re: ED at Penn?

Postby johnnyutah » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:27 pm

Definitely write the "Why Penn" essay, and write it well.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:47 pm

Penn no longer has "Why Penn?" as a prompt for their optional essays, but you can use the "5 Year Plan" essay to accomplish the same thing.

boomer6289

Postby boomer6289 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:53 pm

Do you think that the "5 Year Plan" essay would be okay to submit along with the "Diversity/Background" essay? Or would that be too much? Also, I guess that I am nervous that my "5 Year" essay would be too contrived, because, to be honest, I don't have definite goals at this point. However, I would like to be competitive against the other applicants...

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:47 pm

boomer6289 wrote:Do you think that the "5 Year Plan" essay would be okay to submit along with the "Diversity/Background" essay? Or would that be too much? Also, I guess that I am nervous that my "5 Year" essay would be too contrived, because, to be honest, I don't have definite goals at this point. However, I would like to be competitive against the other applicants...

Just pick one career path that seems interesting to you and include details of how Penn can help you get there. If you don't write an optional essay Penn is likely waitlist you even if you have strong numbers. I don't see any problem writing both an optional essay and submitting a diversity statement.

boomer6289

Postby boomer6289 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:22 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
boomer6289 wrote:Do you think that the "5 Year Plan" essay would be okay to submit along with the "Diversity/Background" essay? Or would that be too much? Also, I guess that I am nervous that my "5 Year" essay would be too contrived, because, to be honest, I don't have definite goals at this point. However, I would like to be competitive against the other applicants...

Just pick one career path that seems interesting to you and include details of how Penn can help you get there. If you don't write an optional essay Penn is likely waitlist you even if you have strong numbers. I don't see any problem writing both an optional essay and submitting a diversity statement.

Thank you! I think that you're right, and I now intend to apply ED to Penn, as well as write both optional statements (if I finish them in enough time...).

Return to “What are my chances?”