filled in the wrong bubble... now what?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
krlf

filled in the wrong bubble... now what?

Postby krlf » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:05 pm

My CGPA is 3.80.

I've been averaging a very consistent 169 on LSAT practice tests. When I got my scores last week it was a 167. I was a little disappointed, then I looked at my responses and was devastated. It turns out for one of the sections, answer 24 was E, answer 25 was B. I colored in the E next to line 24. Then I *also* colored in the B next to line 24 instead of line 25. Stupid, stupid mistake on my part which meant zero for both 24 and 25, and that two point raw score drop was exactly the drop that caused the LSAT score to go from 169 to 167.

This isn't huge in general LSAC land, but I'm looking strongly at UT Austin, and that looks like their 75th percentile score vs. their median score. That kind of feels like maybe it's the difference between the "yes" and the "maybe" pile? Maybe the difference between getting or not getting scholarships?

UT's early app deadline is Nov 1. I'm not sure if I should still submit early, or try to do the LSAT again in December, (or both?). I'm pretty confident I'd get at least a 169 or maybe low 170s if I did it again. Is it worth the time and money to do that though?

I'll probably apply to a few other schools near UT's rank too...

law4vus

Re: filled in the wrong bubble... now what?

Postby law4vus » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:32 pm

You're good at Texas with a 3.8, 167. It might knock you out of some of the T14 but it probably isn't enough to warrant retaking and delaying your application.

acrossthelake

Re: filled in the wrong bubble... now what?

Postby acrossthelake » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:38 pm

I know someone who got off of waitlists with money within *hours*(and days) of a "Hi, my name is X. I retook the LSAT this June and got a XXX." e-mail where the new LSAT lifted the person several important points higher. Don't underestimate the value of a retake. They will always prefer a higher LSAT score, so in that sense it's worth the time and money. That being said, if you don't do better, then you will have delayed your application for nothing, and to your detriment. So it's your judgment call on whether it's worth the risk.

Return to “What are my chances?”