2.75/159

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
bama684

2.75/159

Postby bama684 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:17 pm

I was wanting some feedback on my chances of being accepted to either LSU or Loyola (New Orleans). Below are some other factors that I believe will contribute to/or against my application process.

Pros

[*]Went to paralegal school after undergraduate (received an associates degree). Graduated with a 3.99 GPA.
[*]Internship at law firm during paralegal school.
[*]Passed the NALA CLA (Certified Legal Assistant) Exam after graduating paralegal school. This exam is not a requirement to become a paralegal.
[*]Currently am employed as a full time paralegal at a very reputable New Orleans firm (been employed for 3.5 years).
[*]Will receive letters of recommendations from 3 attorneys (2 of which are law school professors in the New Orleans area).

Cons
[*]Arrested for DWI in 2006
[*]Poor grades in undergrad.

Jah'rakal

Re: 2.75/159

Postby Jah'rakal » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:42 pm

bama684 wrote:I was wanting some feedback on my chances of being accepted to either LSU or Loyola (New Orleans). Below are some other factors that I believe will contribute to/or against my application process.

Pros

[*]Went to paralegal school after undergraduate (received an associates degree). Graduated with a 3.99 GPA.
[*]Internship at law firm during paralegal school.
[*]Passed the NALA CLA (Certified Legal Assistant) Exam after graduating paralegal school. This exam is not a requirement to become a paralegal.
[*]Currently am employed as a full time paralegal at a very reputable New Orleans firm (been employed for 3.5 years).
[*]Will receive letters of recommendations from 3 attorneys (2 of which are law school professors in the New Orleans area).

Cons
[*]Arrested for DWI in 2006
[*]Poor grades in undergrad.

i think your chances are pretty good, solid softs, and the DWI doesn't really affect application anyways as long as u write an addendum

PurplePirate

Postby PurplePirate » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:54 pm

bama684

Postby bama684 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:24 pm

Thanks for the feedback!! I had looked at the lawschoolnumbers for both Loyola and LSU as well. The Loyola numbers make me feel pretty confident, but the LSU numbers seemed a little inconclusive to me. According to the Law School Predictor, my odds at LSU are pretty low (I'm a deny). I was hoping my softs would be able to push me over the edge at LSU. Anyways, thanks again for the comments. They are greatly appreciated!

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:37 pm

If you are an in-state applicant, then you should be admitted to LSU based on your numbers. LSU limits non-residents to 10% of each class, thus it is more competitive for admission as an out-of-state applicant.

Return to “What are my chances?”