Chances at ED Michigan

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ColtsFan88

Chances at ED Michigan

Postby ColtsFan88 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:40 am

Sorry guys, I know this was a similar thread with ED Chicago last week.

Splitter-3.17,152-166-177. My long tern goals are Big Gov (DC) or Chicago BigLaw/Indianapolis MidLaw.

Because of family reasons I would rather stay near the Midwest. So far, I'm seriously considering IU-Bloomington for the regional connection and Georgetown for the Big Gov connection.

So, with my stats and goals, I feel like somewhere in between those two rather extreme options is UChicago ED and Michigan RD/ED.

Seeing as my chances at UChicago, even with ED, are slim I'm wondering what my chance at Michigan ED is? I dont know if I would ED to, or attend, either but I am visiting both within the week and I want to get some feel for what my chances are. Especially versus RD.

TYIA.

Tim0thy222

Re: Chances at ED Michigan

Postby Tim0thy222 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:50 am

Very similar stats here. 177/167/3.2

On LSN there are only 2 people in the past few years with similar numbers who applied ED there (both last year), and both were waitlisted. They were 176/3.22 and 177/3.1.

So I don't think the chances are great.

Have you considered NU RD? If you don't have WE it would be tough, but it could still happen.

Also, I don't know anything about "Big Gov", but doesn't UVA generally place better in DC than gtown? You could obviously ED to UVA, but I'm sure you've thought about that already. I bet you'd be in ED to Penn as well.

ColtsFan88

Re: Chances at ED Michigan

Postby ColtsFan88 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:57 am

Tim0thy222 wrote:Very similar stats here. 177/167/3.2

On LSN there are only 2 people in the past few years with similar numbers who applied ED there (both last year), and both were waitlisted. They were 176/3.22 and 177/3.1.

So I don't think the chances are great.

Have you considered NU RD? If you don't have WE it would be tough, but it could still happen.

Also, I don't know anything about "Big Gov", but doesn't UVA generally place better in DC than gtown? You could obviously ED to UVA, but I'm sure you've thought about that already. I bet you'd be in ED to Penn as well.

I don't have significant WE, so that is discouraging. Also, UVA could place as well as GTown, but it is no closer to Indianapolis so it is really no more attractive to me.

EDIT: And Penn is really the same situation.

Return to “What are my chances?”