173/3.6 or 3.7 -- financial aid?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
mandude

173/3.6 or 3.7 -- financial aid?

Postby mandude » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:26 pm

Hi there,

I'm a 2004 graduate, did some grad school and then worked for a few years (2 years' Americorps service with a charter school serving at-risk kids, 3 years running a free childcare and enrichment program in Brooklyn for working families, currently working in education administration). My GPA as an undergrad was 3.61 at my BA institution and 4.0 at the schools I attended and transferred from.

I'm interested in doing public service or criminal law, and I have a family, so I'm interested in the best school that will offer me some money. My husband has a lot of his own student loan debt and our income this year is too high for us to get much, if any, need-based aid.

Any thoughts on schools in the mid-Atlantic region (his work is in New York) that might offer some financial aid to someone with my numbers and background? I don't know much about "softs," but I've had some interesting and varied work experience both during and after college, and a lot of volunteer work as well. I know it doesn't count in the GPA, but my grad GPA was 3.9.

Amanda

bk1

Re: 173/3.6 or 3.7 -- financial aid?

Postby bk1 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:50 pm

1. Almost no school gives out need-based aid so it isn't too important whether you would qualify or not.

2. http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com - Look up applicants with your numbers and see where they got scholarships.

crumpetsandtea

Re: 173/3.6 or 3.7 -- financial aid?

Postby crumpetsandtea » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Return to “What are my chances?”