170/3.9 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
shutupandrun07

New

170/3.9

Post by shutupandrun07 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:08 pm

I am a double liberal arts major from a top public school with good but not extraordinary softs. My 170 was the first time taking and I do not plan to retake in December. I would really like to end up at CCN, with a slight preference for Chicago with $. I was wondering what my chances of admittance and what sort of scholarship would be for these schools:

Harvard:
Yale:
Stanford:
Columbia:
Chicago:
NYU:
Penn:

Thanks all in advance for your feedback.

Bodhi_mind

Bronze

Re: 170/3.9

Post by Bodhi_mind » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:14 pm

Dang I have a similar GPA and really want your extra point on the LSAT! Outside chance at H and Y, puncher's chance at S, should get 1-2 of CCN, looking good below that. I'm not positive about those though...

If you want to end up in Chi then obviously UChicago, although most of the schools in your range have national reach. Good luck to you!

shutupandrun07

New

Post by shutupandrun07 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Thanks, are you planning to retake LSAT? It's ridiculous how that one point getting into the 170s makes such a difference for so many schools. What schools are you aiming for? Also, how much bearing does ED have on CCN and would that lock me out for scholarship money at other schools?

Bodhi_mind

Bronze

Post by Bodhi_mind » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:01 pm

Yeah I know it sucks about the one point :(. It's all good though because I don't think I really want to go to law school. I'm taking some time off and I'll reevaluate in a year or so. If I do end applying, I'll bust my ass and retake for a 170+ then shoot for Stanford-Berkeley-Harvard-or full ride. Those would all be cush situations. I wouldn't recommend EDing because then if you're in, then they've got you by the balls so to say and you have no room to negotiate. I think you're in a solid position as a RD candidate.

tuco

New

Post by tuco » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:01 pm

shutupandrun07 wrote:I am a double liberal arts major from a top public school with good but not extraordinary softs. My 170 was the first time taking and I do not plan to retake in December. I would really like to end up at CCN, with a slight preference for Chicago with $. I was wondering what my chances of admittance and what sort of scholarship would be for these schools:

Harvard:
Yale:
Stanford:
Columbia:
Chicago:
NYU:
Penn:

Thanks all in advance for your feedback.
I'm not expert but I have a 70 and a slightly lower GPA and from my research and advice from these forumns I don't see you getting into any of these schools. Unless of course you are a URM??

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tuco

New

Post by tuco » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:02 pm

oops misread your gpa thought it was 3.4, ignore my advice i have no clue

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:04 pm

tuco wrote: I'm not expert but I have a 70 and a slightly lower GPA and from my research and advice from these forumns I don't see you getting into any of these schools. Unless of course you are a URM??
Disagree. Odds are very good at Penn.

olivias

New

Post by olivias » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:48 pm

Identical numbers here. Also have good but not astounding softs and a couple years work experience in the legal field. I personally ED'd to NYU, but it was a tough decision and based on personal reasons. I think Columbia is a pretty big stretch for us RD or ED -- almost sure to be WL. Chicago and NYU are 50/50 really, definitely not something to count on, so if you're set on Chicago area I would consider ED'ing because my guess is we are likely gonna pay sticker if we get into CCN. Penn I am optimistic about, and hoping for money.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:56 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”