Chances at Yale?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Go_Dog_Go

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:36 pm

Chances at Yale?

Postby Go_Dog_Go » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:42 pm

AA Male, 173, 3.68

Softs:
*1 year of work experience at a fortune 500 company
*Multiple publications in academic journals
*Amazing LoRs
*Double major in History and Finance (3.9 GPA in both majors)
*Lots of volunteer work and extra-curriculars in UG, but nothing especially out of the ordinary.

Do I have a shot?

User avatar
bernaldiaz

Gold
Posts: 1674
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Chances at Yale?

Postby bernaldiaz » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:47 pm

I don't think you have a strong chance. Unless you think your PS or softs are that much better than the average Yale candidate, I'm not sure I would even waste the application fee.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter

Diamond
Posts: 17152
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Chances at Yale?

Postby Tiago Splitter » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:36 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:I don't think you have a strong chance. Unless you think your PS or softs are that much better than the average Yale candidate, I'm not sure I would even waste the application fee.


Go_Dog_Go wrote:AA Male

User avatar
Grizz

Diamond
Posts: 10566
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Chances at Yale?

Postby Grizz » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:37 pm

Sort of a black box, but good. Enjoy one of HYS.

dissonance1848

Silver
Posts: 706
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Chances at Yale?

Postby dissonance1848 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:43 pm

You claim you got a 3.9 in both your majors (history and finance), so where the hell does the 3.68 come from?

vulpixie

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:41 am

Re: Chances at Yale?

Postby vulpixie » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:46 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:I don't think you have a strong chance. Unless you think your PS or softs are that much better than the average Yale candidate, I'm not sure I would even waste the application fee.


Go_Dog_Go wrote:AA Male


This. :roll:

User avatar
bernaldiaz

Gold
Posts: 1674
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Chances at Yale?

Postby bernaldiaz » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:50 pm

I missed the part where he said he was an African American. Whoops! Yeah, obviously it is worth an application fee. Well done. I'm sure you'll get into HYS

vulpixie

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:41 am

Re: Chances at Yale?

Postby vulpixie » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:00 pm

^ Just one? I'd bet all three.

User avatar
Angrygeopolitically

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:39 pm

Re: Chances at Yale?

Postby Angrygeopolitically » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:21 pm

Sure Yale is a black box. But I think it is a black box that you will get into with a good application and excellent essay.

User avatar
Grizz

Diamond
Posts: 10566
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Chances at Yale?

Postby Grizz » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:29 pm

Angrygeopolitically wrote:Sure Yale is a black box. But I think it is a black box that you will get into with a good application and excellent essay.

No clue if OP can put together a good app dude. People with good apps get rejected all the time.

User avatar
Angrygeopolitically

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:39 pm

Re: Chances at Yale?

Postby Angrygeopolitically » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:32 pm

Grizz wrote:
Angrygeopolitically wrote:Sure Yale is a black box. But I think it is a black box that you will get into with a good application and excellent essay.

No clue if OP can put together a good app dude. People with good apps get rejected all the time.

? I didn't say he could put together a good app. or that people with good apps don't get rejected. I said that I think he would get in with a good app/essay. Obviously I am not a soothsayer :mrgreen: I'm just saying I would apply if I were him....

User avatar
Grizz

Diamond
Posts: 10566
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Chances at Yale?

Postby Grizz » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:37 pm

Angrygeopolitically wrote:I'm just saying I would apply if I were him....

Me too.

User avatar
Bodhi_mind

Bronze
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: Chances at Yale?

Postby Bodhi_mind » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:44 pm

You got this OP

User avatar
Gizmo

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:24 pm

Re: Chances at Yale?

Postby Gizmo » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:28 am

Black box, black student...

vulpixie

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:41 am

Re: Chances at Yale?

Postby vulpixie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:56 pm

Gizmo wrote:Black box, black student...


LOL

CanadianWolf

Diamond
Posts: 10722
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Chances at Yale?

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:07 pm

They'll probably send a limo to pick you up.

duckmoney

Silver
Posts: 886
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Chances at Yale?

Postby duckmoney » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:08 pm

AA male + 173 on LSAT + not terrible GPA = winning. Yale is not guaranteed, but you will probably get in if you seem like a decent human being on your app. Harvard is a lock. Stanford is extremely likely.

Also consider Rubenstein at Chicago. Free law school is free law school.



Return to “What are my chances??

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests