164/3.1GPA, do I have a chance with ED at UIUC?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
TLS-troll
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:45 am

164/3.1GPA, do I have a chance with ED at UIUC?

Postby TLS-troll » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:30 am

So I got a 164. Not happy, but not terribly upset. I was wondering with my 3.1 GPA (wimpy I know) the 164 and ED, what are my chances of getting into UIUC?

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1775
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: 164/3.1GPA, do I have a chance with ED at UIUC?

Postby Yukos » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:15 am

No one will be able to answer this because of this http://abovethelaw.com/2011/09/illinois ... e-thought/

You are actually above the LSAT median now but way below the GPA one. Just depends if anyone still wants to go there or not...

TLS-troll
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:45 am

Re: 164/3.1GPA, do I have a chance with ED at UIUC?

Postby TLS-troll » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:12 pm

Okay thanks!, hopefully my upward grade trend and softs help me out

User avatar
buckilaw
Posts: 840
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 1:27 am

Re: 164/3.1GPA, do I have a chance with ED at UIUC?

Postby buckilaw » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:49 pm

TLS-troll wrote:So I got a 164. Not happy, but not terribly upset. I was wondering with my 3.1 GPA (wimpy I know) the 164 and ED, what are my chances of getting into UIUC?


This question in conjunction with your moniker = win.

On the off-chance that you are serious.... Put yourself in the shoes of UIUC admissions staff. You see an ED application on your desk. What do you think of this applicant's judgment?

Wart
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:34 am

Re: 164/3.1GPA, do I have a chance with ED at UIUC?

Postby Wart » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:50 pm

The only way you'd get in with that GPA is if you were a splitter and since that's not the case, it's definitely a reach. Yes, you are above the LSAT median, but that is largely irrelevant because that median was clearly a mistake and not something they were shooting for. I'm sure they'll be trying very hard to put that median back up to 166.

If UIUC is a place you'd really like to be at, I'd retake. A 167 or 168 could get you there and I'm sure you've got that in you.

User avatar
deadpanic
Posts: 1171
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:09 pm

Re: 164/3.1GPA, do I have a chance with ED at UIUC?

Postby deadpanic » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:34 pm

Wart wrote:I'm sure they'll be trying very hard to put that median back up to 166.


I'm sure they want to, but after the lying scandal, will they? If they weren't able to do it by throwing out scholarships all around last year, I doubt they will be able to do so this year.

You have a shot, but that GPA is killer.

TLS-troll
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:45 am

Re: 164/3.1GPA, do I have a chance with ED at UIUC?

Postby TLS-troll » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:07 pm

deadpanic wrote:
Wart wrote:I'm sure they'll be trying very hard to put that median back up to 166.


I'm sure they want to, but after the lying scandal, will they? If they weren't able to do it by throwing out scholarships all around last year, I doubt they will be able to do so this year.

You have a shot, but that GPA is killer.



I was thinking the same thing. I wrote an addendum about the personal struggles I had as a freshman in college (death of my brother) and how it impacted my grades.

TLS-troll
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:45 am

Re: 164/3.1GPA, do I have a chance with ED at UIUC?

Postby TLS-troll » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:19 pm

I got into UIUC today with 15k per year! miracles do happen!

theduffman
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:41 pm

Re: 164/3.1GPA, do I have a chance with ED at UIUC?

Postby theduffman » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:03 pm

TLS-troll wrote:I got into UIUC today with 15k per year! miracles do happen!


congrats!!

WSJ_Law
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:33 am

Re: 164/3.1GPA, do I have a chance with ED at UIUC?

Postby WSJ_Law » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:14 pm

Lol just lol! They must be getting the shittiest of shitty applications! Can't wait til they are T2

tennisking88
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:15 am

Re: 164/3.1GPA, do I have a chance with ED at UIUC?

Postby tennisking88 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:19 pm

WSJ_Law wrote:Lol just lol! They must be getting the shittiest of shitty applications! Can't wait til they are T2


Don't be a dick

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: 164/3.1GPA, do I have a chance with ED at UIUC?

Postby mattviphky » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:07 pm

congrats...i'm truly jealous




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest