3.6 / 167

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
jerichosm
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:46 pm

3.6 / 167

Postby jerichosm » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:50 pm

Business Major, Econ Minor at a small, liberal arts college

trying to gauge my chances at
GWU
BU
BC
UNC
Wake Forest
Pepperdine

Do I have a shot in hell at?
UC Berkeley
Stanford
UPenn
UVA
Duke
Cornell
Georgetown

Would appreciate any help. Thanks!

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 3.6 / 167

Postby Grizz » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:51 pm

You are a pretty vanilla applicant, so enjoy http://lawschoolnumbers.com/

User avatar
jerichosm
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Re: 3.6 / 167

Postby jerichosm » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:55 pm

Thank you

LawStudent_DC
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: 3.6 / 167

Postby LawStudent_DC » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:07 pm

-edit
Last edited by LawStudent_DC on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jerichosm
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Re: 3.6 / 167

Postby jerichosm » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:11 pm

bcastel1 wrote:Pretty much identical numbers from a top 20 undergrad and didn't get in to any of the schools you listed as your reach schools. I did get in to Notre Dame, Fordham, and GW though.


I don't have particularly strong extracurriculars but do have two law firm internships...I'm definitely interested in GW though..did you get any $? Sooo expensive

User avatar
top30man
Posts: 1224
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: 3.6 / 167

Postby top30man » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:37 pm

I don't have particularly strong extracurriculars but do have two law firm internships...I'm definitely interested in GW though..did you get any $? Sooo expensive

GW is in the habit of either giving nothing or 105000 to applicants in terms of money. So unfortunately, likely not. However, you will probably get around 45k from fordham, and a decent shot at money from BC.

User avatar
jerichosm
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Re: 3.6 / 167

Postby jerichosm » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:37 am

top30man wrote:
I don't have particularly strong extracurriculars but do have two law firm internships...I'm definitely interested in GW though..did you get any $? Sooo expensive

GW is in the habit of either giving nothing or 105000 to applicants in terms of money. So unfortunately, likely not. However, you will probably get around 45k from fordham, and a decent shot at money from BC.

Can I ask where you ended up and why?

colforbin
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:09 am

Re: 3.6 / 167

Postby colforbin » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:51 pm

Similar numbers, similar list of schools. Any thoughts on how far down in rankings we'd need to go for a full ride? Just something I've been thinking about lately.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 3.6 / 167

Postby Grizz » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:09 pm

colforbin wrote:Similar numbers, similar list of schools. Any thoughts on how far down in rankings we'd need to go for a full ride? Just something I've been thinking about lately.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/

colforbin
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:09 am

Re: 3.6 / 167

Postby colforbin » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:20 pm

Grizz wrote:
colforbin wrote:Similar numbers, similar list of schools. Any thoughts on how far down in rankings we'd need to go for a full ride? Just something I've been thinking about lately.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/


But am I vanilla?

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 3.6 / 167

Postby Grizz » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:21 pm

colforbin wrote:
Grizz wrote:
colforbin wrote:Similar numbers, similar list of schools. Any thoughts on how far down in rankings we'd need to go for a full ride? Just something I've been thinking about lately.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/


But am I vanilla?

I didn't see you mention that you were a published author, Rhodes scholar, US armed forces vet, etc., so probably.

User avatar
jerichosm
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Re: 3.6 / 167

Postby jerichosm » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:08 pm

Grizz wrote:
colforbin wrote:Similar numbers, similar list of schools. Any thoughts on how far down in rankings we'd need to go for a full ride? Just something I've been thinking about lately.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/



Thanks again for your ever useful advice.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 3.6 / 167

Postby Grizz » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:09 pm

jerichosm wrote:
Grizz wrote:
colforbin wrote:Similar numbers, similar list of schools. Any thoughts on how far down in rankings we'd need to go for a full ride? Just something I've been thinking about lately.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/



Thanks again for your ever useful advice.

Teach a man to fish.

User avatar
jerichosm
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Re: 3.6 / 167

Postby jerichosm » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:11 pm

Grizz wrote:
jerichosm wrote:
Grizz wrote:
colforbin wrote:Similar numbers, similar list of schools. Any thoughts on how far down in rankings we'd need to go for a full ride? Just something I've been thinking about lately.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/



Thanks again for your ever useful advice.

Teach a man to fish.


Fishing's not that much fun alone -- I think most people come to this forum just to have a discussion because all of their non - "law school bound" friends get sick of hearing about it.

User avatar
cinephile
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: 3.6 / 167

Postby cinephile » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:52 pm

I was in your position last year. Didn't make it into any of your reaches. Now attending BU with $.

colforbin
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:09 am

Re: 3.6 / 167

Postby colforbin » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:57 pm

Thanks again for your ever useful advice.[/quote]
Teach a man to fish.[/quote]

Fishing's not that much fun alone -- I think most people come to this forum just to have a discussion because all of their non - "law school bound" friends get sick of hearing about it.[/quote]

The GRIZZ has spoken. This website, and the internet as a whole, is very serious business. Show some goddamn respect and learn your lesson. Also, lawschoolnumbers.com.

User avatar
jerichosm
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Re: 3.6 / 167

Postby jerichosm » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:31 pm

cinephile wrote:I was in your position last year. Didn't make it into any of your reaches. Now attending BU with $.


Really? I thought it would be a toss-up if I were to even gain admittance, let alone $...this provides hope for me..

User avatar
jerichosm
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Re: 3.6 / 167

Postby jerichosm » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:32 pm

colforbin wrote:Thanks again for your ever useful advice.

Teach a man to fish.[/quote]

Fishing's not that much fun alone -- I think most people come to this forum just to have a discussion because all of their non - "law school bound" friends get sick of hearing about it.[/quote]

The GRIZZ has spoken. This website, and the internet as a whole, is very serious business. Show some goddamn respect and learn your lesson. Also, lawschoolnumbers.com.[/quote]

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

User avatar
jerichosm
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Re: 3.6 / 167

Postby jerichosm » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:14 pm

bump..anyone with comments on these schools that goes there? trying to figure out where to apply

User avatar
jerichosm
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Re: 3.6 / 167

Postby jerichosm » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:36 am

bumpalump

tennisking88
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:15 am

Re: 3.6 / 167

Postby tennisking88 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:45 am

jerichosm wrote:Business Major, Econ Minor at a small, liberal arts college

trying to gauge my chances at
GWU
BU
BC
UNC
Wake Forest
Pepperdine

Do I have a shot in hell at?
UC Berkeley
Stanford
UPenn
UVA
Duke
Cornell
Georgetown

Would appreciate any help. Thanks!


I think you're in to most of the schools in the first category. Cornell is the best shot you have of the bottom schools. For Berkeley, you're at the lsat median and below gpa median, but really need one hell of a story/personal statement.

User avatar
jerichosm
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Re: 3.6 / 167

Postby jerichosm » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:17 pm

tennisking88 wrote:
jerichosm wrote:Business Major, Econ Minor at a small, liberal arts college

trying to gauge my chances at
GWU
BU
BC
UNC
Wake Forest
Pepperdine

Do I have a shot in hell at?
UC Berkeley
Stanford
UPenn
UVA
Duke
Cornell
Georgetown

Would appreciate any help. Thanks!


I think you're in to most of the schools in the first category. Cornell is the best shot you have of the bottom schools. For Berkeley, you're at the lsat median and below gpa median, but really need one hell of a story/personal statement.



Random question for all -- if I get offered a full ride at Wake Forest (one of my letters of rec is from an alum that made law review), and I happen to get into Cornell, what should I do?

User avatar
NiccoloA
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: 3.6 / 167

Postby NiccoloA » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:30 pm

jerichosm wrote:
tennisking88 wrote:
jerichosm wrote:Business Major, Econ Minor at a small, liberal arts college

trying to gauge my chances at
GWU
BU
BC
UNC
Wake Forest
Pepperdine

Do I have a shot in hell at?
UC Berkeley
Stanford
UPenn
UVA
Duke
Cornell
Georgetown

Would appreciate any help. Thanks!


I think you're in to most of the schools in the first category. Cornell is the best shot you have of the bottom schools. For Berkeley, you're at the lsat median and below gpa median, but really need one hell of a story/personal statement.



Random question for all -- if I get offered a full ride at Wake Forest (one of my letters of rec is from an alum that made law review), and I happen to get into Cornell, what should I do?


Tough decision.

That's a, "where do you want to work" question.

If the Carolina's (mostly North) then Wake. If not, then Cornell, and pray to God for a job to pay off the debt.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: 3.6 / 167

Postby HeavenWood » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:01 pm

Unless you're a URM or have crazy-good softs, being below both medians is generally a death sentence.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests