Just another what are my chances thread

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Job Best Friend

Just another what are my chances thread

Postby Job Best Friend » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:55 pm

Can't resist must post.

166 LSAT/ 3.89 GPA from Nowhere State University

Hispanic Male/ Not Mexican or Puerto Rican unfortunatedly ;)

If I wanted to stay in Los Angeles what are my chances at the local law schools.

Thanks

yuzu

Re: Just another what are my chances thread

Postby yuzu » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:40 pm

Good at all of them, provided you don't misspell "unfortunately" in your application.

Job Best Friend

Postby Job Best Friend » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:24 am

Touche :)

Thanks

FryBreadPower

Postby FryBreadPower » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:18 am

You are an absolute lock at UCLA and USC. Though you should probably submit apps to Berkeley and Stanford seeing as coming back to Los Angeles would be a piece of cake. And Berkeley is a definite IN with Stanford being a good shot.

*edit: didn't notice you not being MA or PR. I still think you are a great candidate for Berkeley, though Stanford is probably not a great shot.

Postby 071816 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:20 am

FryBreadPower wrote:You are an absolute lock at UCLA and USC. Though you should probably submit apps to Berkeley and Stanford seeing as coming back to Los Angeles would be a piece of cake. And Berkeley is a definite IN with Stanford being a good shot.

You do realize OP is not Mexican or Puerto Rican, right?

FryBreadPower

Postby FryBreadPower » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:23 am

chimp wrote:
FryBreadPower wrote:You are an absolute lock at UCLA and USC. Though you should probably submit apps to Berkeley and Stanford seeing as coming back to Los Angeles would be a piece of cake. And Berkeley is a definite IN with Stanford being a good shot.

You do realize OP is not Mexican or Puerto Rican, right?

Little too late; thus, the edit.

Postby 071816 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:34 am

I still don't think you can say that the OP is definitely in at any of these schools. I would say their chances at UCLA and USC (especially USC) are pretty damn good. But to say that s/he is definitely in at Berkeley is just not accurate. Berkeley is just too unpredictable.

FryBreadPower

Postby FryBreadPower » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:36 am

chimp wrote:I still don't think you can say that the OP is definitely in at any of these schools. I would say their chances at UCLA and USC (especially USC) are pretty damn good. But to say that s/he is definitely in at Berkeley is just not accurate. Berkeley is just too unpredictable.

I totally agree; that's why I had changed my initial response to a good shot at Berkeley which I think the OP still has w/ an LSAT at their Median and GPA past the 75th percentile. Of course nothing is set in stone.

Job Best Friend

Postby Job Best Friend » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:24 pm

Thanks guys for the responses.

Just one more question. I know that Mexican and Puerto Ricans applicants get a substantial URM boost but is it true that other hispanics get a slight,marginal boost. Even if there is a boost due to the high hispanic population in California, and the potential large pool of hispanic applicants, it probably would be so small as to be non-existent,right?

Postby 071816 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:37 pm

Job Best Friend wrote:Thanks guys for the responses.

Just one more question. I know that Mexican and Puerto Ricans applicants get a substantial URM boost but is it true that other hispanics get a slight,marginal boost. Even if there is a boost due to the high hispanic population in California, and the potential large pool of hispanic applicants, it probably would be so small as to be non-existent,right?

PM'd you.

Return to “What are my chances?”