169/3.95 trying to decide now or later

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
calvinlovehobbes
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:14 pm

169/3.95 trying to decide now or later

Postby calvinlovehobbes » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:51 pm

Just scored a 169 on the october LSAT which was a miracle. Originally I was eyeing a FEB retake (as i was averaging 162) and applying in the fall of '12 for class of '13.

Question is, with a 169, 3.95 (non-URM, just out of UG so no spectacular work experience/softs), what are my chances at a t-14 school with and without money? I've been told i should ED since i'm already a late submission for this year's "early cycle". I've been eyeing Penn and Berkeley but I don't want to really limit myself with an ED (Penn) since i haven't really even visited any school yet.

Also, are there any downfalls (besides application fees) of applying this cycle without serious consideration of going (just to see my options) and then applying seriously next cycle or should i just apply next app cycle without turning any apps in this year?

thanks in advance.

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: 169/3.95 trying to decide now or later

Postby 03121202698008 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:53 pm

I'd apply to Michigan. You have a shot at the bottom half of the T14.

User avatar
Kring345
Posts: 287
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:30 pm

Re: 169/3.95 trying to decide now or later

Postby Kring345 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:01 pm

blowhard wrote:You have a shot at the bottom half of the T14.

+1

If you apply MVP through George, you'll get one of them, if not 3 or 4. Not sure about monies though. Look on lawschoolnumbers.com

User avatar
calvinlovehobbes
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: 169/3.95 trying to decide now or later

Postby calvinlovehobbes » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:32 am

good stuff thanks for the input

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: 169/3.95 trying to decide now or later

Postby FryBreadPower » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:33 am

calvinlovehobbes wrote:Just scored a 169 on the october LSAT which was a miracle. Originally I was eyeing a FEB retake (as i was averaging 162) and applying in the fall of '12 for class of '13.

Question is, with a 169, 3.95 (non-URM, just out of UG so no spectacular work experience/softs), what are my chances at a t-14 school with and without money? I've been told i should ED since i'm already a late submission for this year's "early cycle". I've been eyeing Penn and Berkeley but I don't want to really limit myself with an ED (Penn) since i haven't really even visited any school yet.

Also, are there any downfalls (besides application fees) of applying this cycle without serious consideration of going (just to see my options) and then applying seriously next cycle or should i just apply next app cycle without turning any apps in this year?

thanks in advance.


Really on the late submission for "early cycle"? Berkeley Dean has said he doesn't even start reading apps until this week and pre-Thanksgiving is still considered "early".

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6393
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: 169/3.95 trying to decide now or later

Postby 5ky » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:42 am

If you are perfectly indifferent, and can get a year of work experience, might as well do that. Never underestimate the benefits of WE for law firm hiring.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: echonov, massappeal and 2 guests