3.96/166 Berkeley? ED UVA?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
BigJohnso

3.96/166 Berkeley? ED UVA?

Postby BigJohnso » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:11 pm

I have looked at LSN and it seems like its a toss up, just looking for more insight.

I am a physics major, so maybe the harder curriculum will give me a little boost.

Both of my recommendations are coming from professors that I both had classes for and did research for during summer jobs. They both liked me a lot, so letters should be great. And overall good softs.

I realize the answer will probably to retake, but I really want to go to Berkeley or Cornell and not have to.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Also, Would you recommend me Eding to UVA? All of my stuff will be ready in a couple of weeks, but I dont think UVA's ED has a dealine.
Last edited by BigJohnso on Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teoeo

Re: 3.96/166 Berkeley?

Postby Teoeo » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:16 pm

I think that is an almost impossible question to answer. Berkeley is notorious for being unpredictable. I would guess your softs will come into play quite a bit since you seem to be on the margin.

tennisking88

Re: 3.96/166 Berkeley?

Postby tennisking88 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:25 pm

BigJohnso wrote:I have looked at LSN and it seems like its a toss up, just looking for more insight.

I am a physics major, so maybe the harder curriculum will give me a little boost.

Both of my recommendations are coming from professors that I both had classes for and did research for during summer jobs. They both liked me a lot, so letters should be great. And overall good softs.

I realize the answer will probably to retake, but I really want to go to Berkeley or Cornell and not have to.

Any insight would be appreciated.

You are one point below Median LSAT for Boalt and two below for Cornell. You GPA is above Berkeley's 75% and way above Cornell's 75. I would say retake only if you are sure you will do better. You have a good chance at both though.

BigJohnso

Re: 3.96/166 Berkeley? ED UVA?

Postby BigJohnso » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:04 pm

Bump

Return to “What are my chances?”