Splitter - 2.77/171 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
blech

New

Splitter - 2.77/171

Post by blech » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:25 am

I finally get to make one of these threads!

Canadian applicant. No extraordinary softs. Non-URM. Above average letters of rec and decent PS. Interested primarily in NYC post-school. My choices, in descending preference groupings:

GULC ED

BC
BU
Fordham
Vandy

GWU
Notre Dame
WUSTL

American
Cardozo
Emory
Indiana
Minnesota
UIUC
Wake
Washington and Lee
William and Mary

I realize this is a ton of schools but as a splitter at peace with my identity I've accepted that I'll need to drop a large amount of dough on apps.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by blech on Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blech

New

Re: Splitter - 2.77/171

Post by blech » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:31 pm

Shameless bump in the form of a question:

According to LSN gulc is unlikely because of my GPA, but does anyone have any thoughts on how an ED app combined with the lower number of test takers this year would affect my chances?

daniel3.14

New

Re: Splitter - 2.77/171

Post by daniel3.14 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:14 am

It will improve your chances, obviously.

That's a pretty huge difference between your GPA and LSAT. You may want to focus your search on schools that weigh LSAT more than GPA. Most of them do, but not all (e.g. Berkeley seems to care much more about GPA than most -- although I realize that Berkeley isn't on your list). You'd do well to do a more targeted search.

You're going super-safety with some of those schools in the bottom. I think if you wanted to trim your list, you should probably get rid of some of those safeties. I'd bet you'll get in with some $ at most of those anyway.

Return to “What are my chances?”