4,0/168 ED to BU?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
kerrigaa

4,0/168 ED to BU?

Postby kerrigaa » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:06 am

My LSATs were June -157, Oct.-168. I would like to go back home to Boston for law school and Harvard is clearly out, so I'm considering either BU or BC. Should I ED to BU? The full tuition would be hard to pass up at BU, but I'm also concerned that BC would give me enough money to make it worth it and I'd already be committed to BU. On the other hand, if I don't ED, I may end up not getting nearly as much from either school. Opinions, thoughts, advice, other schools to consider? Thanks

Bildungsroman

Re: 4,0/168 ED to BU?

Postby Bildungsroman » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:13 pm

Are you really willing to give up the chance at a much better law school? I had a 4.0/168 and I'm at UChicago this year. While full tuition at BU is probably a good deal if you want to practice in Boston after you graduate, you'd be giving up a shot at schools that are on an entirely different level than BU.

kerrigaa

Re: 4.0/168 ED to BU?

Postby kerrigaa » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:40 pm

Well the thing is that I want to work in the Boston area, and from what I hear BU and BC have great networks for jobs. Other positives of going to BU/BC are that I can have housing for a trivial amount (compared to places within Boston) and I have a job (not law related) that I can work on the weekends or after classes if need be. I've been on LSP and LSN and have contemplated Cornell and others in T14 that I'd have chances of getting accepted at. Yet, I'd also need to receive a significantly large amount of money to make it worth it. Obviously I will apply to these schools too, but I don't know if it's worth missing out a full tuition opportunity at BU when I may end up going there anyways.

The other issue is that I think I'm leaning towards BC, for now anyways. This would mean no ED to BU and taking a gamble on the amount of money, if any, that I would receive.

Return to “What are my chances?”