3.43/154

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
wfudeacons2005

3.43/154

Postby wfudeacons2005 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:48 am

White Male...I go to a USN&WR top 25 university. I got back my LSAT score from the October exam and have decided against retaking. I already have a score cancel prior to this one so it could be a bit risky. However, regarding re-takes and the like my scores aren't likely to go much higher. I was approved for extra-time on every test, including the SAT, because of a learning disability and have just been completely denied by the LSAC, so being unaccustomed to regular time is undoubtedly going to hurt me and I have written an addendum explaing this. I think I've got two/three solid recs and an above average resume with regards to extracurriculars, academic achievment, and work experience. Just wondering if anyone could chance me at the following:

Northeastern - Early Action
UConn (Part-Time)
U of San Fran (Part-Time)
Suffolk (Part-Time)
Catholic (Part-Time)
Rutgers - Newark (Part-Time)
Rutgers - Camden (Part-Time)
Depaul (Part-Time)
University of Maine - Early Action
'Cuse
Seton Hall (Part-Time)
New England (Part-Time)
UNH
St. Mary's (Part-Time)
Temple (Part-Time)

Thanks!
Last edited by wfudeacons2005 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

wfudeacons2005

Re: 3.43/154

Postby wfudeacons2005 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:10 am

one last bump!

john1990

Postby john1990 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:45 am

wfudeacons2005 wrote:White Male...I go to a USN&WR top 25 university. I got back my LSAT score from the October exam and have decided against retaking. I already have a score cancel prior to this one so it could be a bit risky. However, regarding re-takes and the like my scores aren't likely to go much higher. I was approved for extra-time on every test, including the SAT, because of a learning disability and have just been completely denied by the LSAC, so being unaccustomed to regular time is undoubtedly going to hurt me and I have written an addendum explaing this. I think I've got two/three solid recs and an above average resume with regards to extracurriculars, academic achievment, and work experience. Just wondering if anyone could chance me at the following:

Northeastern - Early Action
UConn (Part-Time)
U of San Fran (Part-Time)
Suffolk (Part-Time)
Catholic (Part-Time)
Rutgers - Newark (Part-Time)
Rutgers - Camden (Part-Time)
Depaul (Part-Time)
University of Maine - Early Action
'Cuse
Seton Hall (Part-Time)
New England (Part-Time)
UNH
St. Mary's (Part-Time)
Temple (Part-Time)

Thanks!

hourumb.com

wfudeacons2005

Postby wfudeacons2005 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:09 am

Thanks so much for the response! I have used that and lawschoolpredictor but I was just asking on here because I wasn't sure if anyone thought schools would give me a slight bump due to situation I described with extra-time and the LSAC.

top30man

Postby top30man » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:42 am

wfudeacons2005 wrote:Thanks so much for the response! I have used that and lawschoolpredictor but I was just asking on here because I wasn't sure if anyone thought schools would give me a slight bump due to situation I described with extra-time and the LSAC.

It may help a little, but unfortunately when push comes to shove, schools work to preserve their medians. Addendums can help a marginal candidate, but will no provide a huge boost. That being said, I think you're headed in the right direction. Applying to part time programs may help.

wfudeacons2005

Postby wfudeacons2005 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:39 pm

I figured that would be the case...I certainly am on the on the lower end for my top choices at UConn and Northeastern so hopefully it gives me just enough of a boost.

Return to “What are my chances?”