4.05 / 177+166

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
snailio

Re: 4.05 / 177+166

Postby snailio » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:06 am

snailio wrote:You're in, you have an eleven point spread between takes, an addendum will cover this easily, unless you have some other unusual circumstances.

I think I've found your problem.

tedler

Postby tedler » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:47 am

Last edited by tedler on Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sach1282

Postby sach1282 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:06 pm

Maybe he/she will write a terrible PS. Lets all hope so.

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:25 pm

lol OP, your question has been answered numerous times. stop asking it over and over again. HLS will look at your avg and your highest and take them into "consideration." LSN has a TON of evidence that shows they do NOT only strictly average. having a lower first LSAT score is more like a small negative soft. if they like you, they wont care. if they don't like you (i.e. your personality comes through in the apps), it might hurt you a bit more.

but to be honest, even if your personality came through, i think it would come across less as ego-stroking and more as nervous doubter -- in which case (okay i lied, in either case actually) you will still most likely be admitted into HLS off your numbers.

the way you come off in this thread (assuming it is an accurate representation of your personality) probably wont hurt you much in the law app cycle (God knows your numbers wont), but i would honestly be worried from an employment perspective. at least at HLS, OCI came down almost completely on personality/interviewing skills w/ very little attention paid to grades (unless you were on either of the extreme extremes).

180asBreath

Postby 180asBreath » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:50 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:lol OP, your question has been answered numerous times. stop asking it over and over again. HLS will look at your avg and your highest and take them into "consideration." LSN has a TON of evidence that shows they do NOT only strictly average. having a lower first LSAT score is more like a small negative soft. if they like you, they wont care. if they don't like you (i.e. your personality comes through in the apps), it might hurt you a bit more.

but to be honest, even if your personality came through, i think it would come across less as ego-stroking and more as nervous doubter -- in which case (okay i lied, in either case actually) you will still most likely be admitted into HLS off your numbers.

the way you come off in this thread (assuming it is an accurate representation of your personality) probably wont hurt you much in the law app cycle (God knows your numbers wont), but i would honestly be worried from an employment perspective. at least at HLS, OCI came down almost completely on personality/interviewing skills w/ very little attention paid to grades (unless you were on either of the extreme extremes).

Cold-blooded!

jim-green

Postby jim-green » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:53 pm

Curious1 wrote:You're not getting in. Enjoy Cooley. Is that what you wanted hear? Don't be a douchebag. No one likes a show-off.

+1

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:09 pm

180asBreath wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:lol OP, your question has been answered numerous times. stop asking it over and over again. HLS will look at your avg and your highest and take them into "consideration." LSN has a TON of evidence that shows they do NOT only strictly average. having a lower first LSAT score is more like a small negative soft. if they like you, they wont care. if they don't like you (i.e. your personality comes through in the apps), it might hurt you a bit more.

Cold-blooded!

Haha yes a bit, sorry about that. It is just that OP's personality came through in this thread and it seems the vast majority do not like him. I am rather ambivalent, but we're playing the odds here right? Adcomms are people too :P

tennisking88

Postby tennisking88 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:11 pm

You don't need an addendum.

Curious1

Postby Curious1 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:12 pm

Haha yes a bit, sorry about that. It is just that OP's personality came through in this thread and it seems the vast majority do not like him. I am rather ambivalent, but we're playing the odds here right? Adcomms are people too :P

You're so nice pineapple dude.

gotxxya315

Postby gotxxya315 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:13 pm

I apologize to everyone if I came off as a douche bag. Definitely not my intention. It's true that I tend to be a nervous doubter --what many are seeing as an attempt to rub my own ego is honestly nothing of the sort. My adviser at school has been telling me very different information than the info I've been receiving here, so forgive my wanting as many opinions as possible.

I appreciate all the feedback, but I do think it's important to remember that not everyone is as familiar or well-research on the application process as many frequent TLS posters are. Accordingly, what may seem like an obvious/dumb question is actually a well-intentioned effort to learn from those who clearly know more. So there's no need to be mean, that's all I'm saying.

best of luck to everyone during this cycle.

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:15 pm

gotxxya315 wrote:I apologize to everyone if I came off as a douche bag. Definitely not my intention. It's true that I tend to be a nervous doubter --what many are seeing as an attempt to rub my own ego is honestly nothing of the sort. My adviser at school has been telling me very different information than the info I've been receiving here, so forgive my wanting as many opinions as possible.

I appreciate all the feedback, but I do think it's important to remember that not everyone is as familiar or well-research on the application process as many frequent TLS posters are. Accordingly, what may seem like an obvious/dumb question is actually a well-intentioned effort to learn from those who clearly know more. So there's no need to be mean, that's all I'm saying.

Fair point, and coming off as a nervous doubter is a bit better imo. Oh and the bolded = never listen to them :P

law4vus

Postby law4vus » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:16 pm

gotxxya315 wrote:I apologize to everyone if I came off as a douche bag. Definitely not my intention. It's true that I tend to be a nervous doubter --what many are seeing as an attempt to rub my own ego is honestly nothing of the sort. My adviser at school has been telling me very different information than the info I've been receiving here, so forgive my wanting as many opinions as possible.

I'm with ya on this.

Side note: pre-law advisors are generally worthless. This site is all the pre-law advising you need!

Curious1

Postby Curious1 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:17 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:

Fair point, and coming off as a nervous doubter is a bit better imo. Oh and the bolded = never listen to them :P

Yes they actually told me that I should submit all my apps after November because there wasn't an advantage to getting them in early.

sach1282

Postby sach1282 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:25 pm

Well, this reply was nice to see. But yeah, pre-law advisers are useless. While I was still in undergrad the pre-law adviser told me that I should aim for admission to Minnesota. It's early in the cycle and I already have acceptances from Duke and Georgetown. So, yeah...
Last edited by sach1282 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Curious1

Postby Curious1 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:30 pm

Hm. Now I feel bad. Don't worry, a lot of my antagonism comes from good old fashioned jealousy. You'll do fine.

Kring345

Postby Kring345 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:33 pm

Man, you guys really did a 180.

FWIW, I still think youre a douchebag. And my feelings have been fueled by jealous since day 1.

But the answer is still "yes, you'll obviously get into at least one of the holy trinity."

Return to “What are my chances?”