3.65/160 & 164

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ZeffKay

3.65/160 & 164

Postby ZeffKay » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:16 pm

With those numbers in Political Science and Communications majors at Arizona State and what I think is a solid personal statement, two solid letters of rec and a decent amount of extra c.s:

1.) Can anyone help me out on just where I can get into the highest ranked school possible? Its not a huge deal for me to be honest, but I am just curious what opinions are in this range.

2.) I am incredibly interested in GW in DC and was hoping for a bit better lsat to push me in there, but what does everyone think my chances are there?

3.) If GW isnt kind, I am applying to American. What are people's thoughts on the actual differences between the two? Will I be that much worse off??

Any and all help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance kind people.

noleknight16

Re: 3.65/160 & 164

Postby noleknight16 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:07 am

Highest ranked possible? Throw in an app to Washington-Missouri and George Washington. GW is possible but you're a bit below both medians. Maybe you can get into their PT program if you really want to go there?

Don't apply to American. Not worth it.

What are your goals and location desired? That will help give me more of an idea for suggestions on where to apply.

ZeffKay

Re: 3.65/160 & 164

Postby ZeffKay » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:41 pm

noleknight16 wrote:Highest ranked possible? Throw in an app to Washington-Missouri and George Washington. GW is possible but you're a bit below both medians. Maybe you can get into their PT program if you really want to go there?

Don't apply to American. Not worth it.

What are your goals and location desired? That will help give me more of an idea for suggestions on where to apply.

I havent exactly fleshed out very specific goals as far as practice area, but everyone wants a well paying job coming out. Probably in either Governement or Firm based fields.

The biggest thing for me right now is probably living in a relatively large city with plenty of oppurtunities for my wife to find work. She will be a significant amount of help to me finance wise while im not working so its important to provide the best location for her. DC is deffinitly a top choice as far as area goes. Thats why I am still considering American. It is highly likely that wherever I attend will be my home for wuite sometime since my wife will settle into her career.

Return to “What are my chances?”