3.94 / 170-cancel-173: Where do I stand?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Lovely Ludwig Van

3.94 / 170-cancel-173: Where do I stand?

Postby Lovely Ludwig Van » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:13 pm

Average to decent softs, 1 year out of UG, full-time Americorps position at nonprofit legal center, waitlisted at HSC last year with a 170 (full LSN spreadsheet linked in my profile).

To what extent, if any, have I improved my chances at the above schools? I know the commonsense answer is check LSN, but I haven't found a way to isolate retakers specifically on LSN. If anyone knows how to do this, please do tell. Your input is greatly appreciated. :D

soj

Re: 3.94 / 170-cancel-173: Where do I stand?

Postby soj » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

http://search.lawschoolnumbers.com/users
multiple LSAT -> only

edit: oh interesting, not many results. I think you're safe for C and have a great shot at H, rumors of score averaging notwithstanding.

Lovely Ludwig Van

Postby Lovely Ludwig Van » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:35 pm

soj wrote:http://search.lawschoolnumbers.com/users
multiple LSAT -> only

edit: oh interesting, not many results. I think you're safe for C and have a great shot at H, rumors of score averaging notwithstanding.

Good stuff. Much thanks.

snailio

Postby snailio » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:44 am

HLS loves Americorps, problem is you didn't really get a great bump on your LSAT, that said, I think you definitely did improve your chances, you got a year of WE in a place they love. GL

Lovely Ludwig Van

Postby Lovely Ludwig Van » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:55 am

snailio wrote:HLS loves Americorps, problem is you didn't really get a great bump on your LSAT, that said, I think you definitely did improve your chances, you got a year of WE in a place they love. GL

Yeah I was going to say, a bit disappointed that my retake wasn't higher. And I keep reading that HLS supposedly disregards lower scores for retake candidates they want to admit and averages candidates they want to WL or reject. Anyone care to elaborate on this? Seems kind of cryptic to me.

snailio

Postby snailio » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:40 pm

Lovely Ludwig Van wrote:
snailio wrote:HLS loves Americorps, problem is you didn't really get a great bump on your LSAT, that said, I think you definitely did improve your chances, you got a year of WE in a place they love. GL

Yeah I was going to say, a bit disappointed that my retake wasn't higher. And I keep reading that HLS supposedly disregards lower scores for retake candidates they want to admit and averages candidates they want to WL or reject. Anyone care to elaborate on this? Seems kind of cryptic to me.

Yeah that's pretty much the consensus, you won't get anyone out of HLS to confirm this, rather a nebulous answer.
In your case this helps since they do really love that Americorps thing, so all in all you're in a better spot vs last year.

Return to “What are my chances?”