164/2.0

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
nontradhopeful

164/2.0

Postby nontradhopeful » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:36 pm

With a 2.0 and a 164 on the Oct. LSAT, I know that I am going to have trouble getting into great schools. My question is this, with these numbers (and really good softs and being a nontraditional student), do I have a chance at any of these schools?

Florida
Maryland
Florida State
American
Tennessee
Georgia State
Richmond
Kentucky
Catholic
Louisville
South Carolina

Also, out of curiosity, I would be interested to hear what is the highest ranked school (regardless of location) that TLS'ers think there would be a shot at me being able to get admitted to?
Last edited by nontradhopeful on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Grizz

Re: 164/2.0

Postby Grizz » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:37 pm

nontradhopeful wrote:what reaches would you apply to if you were looking for maximum portability with a leaning toward the southeast US (Maryland down to Florida, no further west than the Mississippi).

You're not gonna get into a school that will give you that with those numbers.

nontradhopeful

Postby nontradhopeful » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:40 pm

Grizz wrote:
nontradhopeful wrote:what reaches would you apply to if you were looking for maximum portability with a leaning toward the southeast US (Maryland down to Florida, no further west than the Mississippi).

Understood. I meant to say maximum portability, but if that is not an option, I would want to go to the best available school that would allow me to practice somewhere in this area.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:41 pm

nontradhopeful wrote:
Grizz wrote:

Understood. I meant to say maximum portability, but if that is not an option, I would want to go to the best available school that would allow me to practice somewhere in this area.

Where are you from? It's hard to be an outsider trying to break into other Southern markets. I'd try to go to a school that places people where you have family/work/other ties.

nontradhopeful

Postby nontradhopeful » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:45 pm

Grizz wrote:
nontradhopeful wrote:
Grizz wrote:

Where are you from? It's hard to be an outsider trying to break into other Southern markets. I'd try to go to a school that places people where you have family/work/other ties.

NC.

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:45 pm

IBTretaketoget172getworkexperienceandEDtoNorthwestern.

nontradhopeful

Postby nontradhopeful » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:50 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:IBTretaketoget172getworkexperienceandEDtoNorthwestern.

I have tons of work experience (good work experience), but 172 might be a bit out of my reach.

nontradhopeful

Postby nontradhopeful » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:56 am

no suggestions?

RodneyBoonfield

Postby RodneyBoonfield » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:00 am

FSU, Stetson, Miami, Cumberland, Mississippi, University of South Carolina

nontradhopeful

Postby nontradhopeful » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:09 am

RodneyBoonfield wrote:FSU, Stetson, Miami, Cumberland, Mississippi, University of South Carolina

Wow, I just edited the OP and included some of those schools.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:11 am

nontradhopeful wrote:
RodneyBoonfield wrote:FSU, Stetson, Miami, Cumberland, Mississippi, University of South Carolina

I wouldn't go to Ole Miss or USC if you're not from either state. Waaay too suspicious of outsiders.

nontradhopeful

Postby nontradhopeful » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:37 am

Grizz wrote:
nontradhopeful wrote:

I wouldn't go to Ole Miss or USC if you're not from either state. Waaay too suspicious of outsiders.

Any chance at any of the other schools in the op?

Its Always Sunny

Postby Its Always Sunny » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:55 am

nontradhopeful wrote:With a 2.0 and a 164 on the Oct. LSAT, I know that I am going to have trouble getting into great schools. My question is this, with these numbers (and really good softs and being a nontraditional student), do I have a chance at any of these schools?

Florida-out
Maryland-out
Florida State-out
American-in
Tennessee- in
Georgia State-out
Richmond-in
Kentucky-in
Catholic-in
Louisville-in
South Carolina-in

I would try Stetson, LSU, FIU, but depends where you have residency

nontradhopeful

Postby nontradhopeful » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:45 pm

Its Always Sunny wrote:
nontradhopeful wrote:With a 2.0 and a 164 on the Oct. LSAT, I know that I am going to have trouble getting into great schools. My question is this, with these numbers (and really good softs and being a nontraditional student), do I have a chance at any of these schools?

Florida-out
Maryland-out
Florida State-out
American-in
Tennessee- in
Georgia State-out
Richmond-in
Kentucky-in
Catholic-in
Louisville-in
South Carolina-in

I would try Stetson, LSU, FIU, but depends where you have residency

Residency is in North Carolina. The problem with that is I wouldn't be able to get into Duke, Carolina, or Wake Forest and the rest aren't that great (Campbell and NCCU are ok, but I woudl like to do a little bit better if possible).

RodneyBoonfield

Postby RodneyBoonfield » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:14 pm

This is pretty speculative, but I think you might actually get some money from Stetson and/or South Carolina. Your LSAT score is way above their median. Also, you're definitely above the median at FSU. Whatever you do, make sure that you apply to at least 10-12 schools. Im sure you'll get a bite.

Also, I know a kid at fsu who had stats very similar to yours. His GPA was slightly higher and LSAT was slightly lower. He got money from SC and got into FSU.

nontradhopeful

Postby nontradhopeful » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:44 pm

RodneyBoonfield wrote:This is pretty speculative, but I think you might actually get some money from Stetson and/or South Carolina. Your LSAT score is way above their median. Also, you're definitely above the median at FSU. Whatever you do, make sure that you apply to at least 10-12 schools. Im sure you'll get a bite.

Also, I know a kid at fsu who had stats very similar to yours. His GPA was slightly higher and LSAT was slightly lower. He got money from SC and got into FSU.

That sounds encouraging. Thanks for the info.

nontradhopeful

Postby nontradhopeful » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:03 am

added an additional question to the op.

nontradhopeful

Postby nontradhopeful » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:04 pm

Received fee waivers from William and Mary, Yeshiva and Akron today. Atleast two of those (the first two) are just doing that to get some application filler right? Those two don't really seem realistic (especially WM).

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:08 pm

nontradhopeful wrote:Received fee waivers from William and Mary, Yeshiva and Akron today. Atleast two of those (the first two) are just doing that to get some application filler right? Those two don't really seem realistic (especially WM).

Where you can get fee waivers from doesn't bear any indication really for where you have a good shot.

Jah'rakal

Postby Jah'rakal » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:33 pm

nontradhopeful wrote:Received fee waivers from William and Mary, Yeshiva and Akron today. Atleast two of those (the first two) are just doing that to get some application filler right? Those two don't really seem realistic (especially WM).

just apply if u got fee waiver, some chance is better than no chance

nontradhopeful

Postby nontradhopeful » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:00 pm

Grizz wrote:

Where you can get fee waivers from doesn't bear any indication really for where you have a good shot.

I realize that it doesn't indicate a good shot. I guess what I was getting at was it seems like a waste to send waivers when I realistically have no shot.

PinkCow

Postby PinkCow » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:06 pm

nontradhopeful wrote:
Grizz wrote:

I realize that it doesn't indicate a good shot. I guess what I was getting at was it seems like a waste to send waivers when I realistically have no shot.

You realistically have no shot at WM or Cardozo. But if you want to apply for the lulz, it's only 8 bucks.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:06 pm

nontradhopeful wrote:
Grizz wrote:

Boosts USNWR selectivity criteria to have you apply then reject you.

nontradhopeful

Postby nontradhopeful » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:13 pm

Grizz wrote:
nontradhopeful wrote:
Grizz wrote:

Boosts USNWR selectivity criteria to have you apply then reject you.

Thanks, that's what I was trying to figure out.

nontradhopeful

Postby nontradhopeful » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:01 am

Just got a fee waiver from Wake Forest. Not that it means anything, but I will turn this one in for the fun of it.

Return to “What are my chances?”