167 LSAT 3.65 GPA

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
JPudding
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:48 pm

167 LSAT 3.65 GPA

Postby JPudding » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:08 pm

Hi everyone, 2nd retake here, slightly disappointed to see my Oct 2011 in the low end of my PT range at 167.

Previous 2 LSATS were 161 and 159.

I have 1 year WE, 3.65 cumulative GPA. I've heard the applicant pool is ~15% smaller this year so I figure the LSP percentages may be a little low (?)
Here are the schools I'm considering based on LSP:

Reaches
UPenn (ED?)
Northwestern (ED?)
Georgetown (ED?)

LSP 40-50%
Cornell
UT
Vanderbilt

LSP 50-70%
WUSTL
GWU
Boston
W&M
Fordham

My top priority is getting into the school that would give me the greatest possible chance at DC or NY biglaw

My Question Is: To which school should I apply ED, and which schools are my best bets for (1) getting accepted and (2) biglaw?

Thanks for your help everyone!
Last edited by JPudding on Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 167 LSAT 3.6 GPA

Postby Grizz » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:23 pm

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com

Don't ED anywhere. You can't get into anywhere worth paying sticker at.

JPudding
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Re: 167 LSAT 3.6 GPA

Postby JPudding » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:27 pm

Grizz wrote:http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com

Don't ED anywhere. You can't get into anywhere worth paying sticker at.


Thanks for the response. LSP says I have a 40+% chance at NW, that wouldn't be worth sticker? And is 38% at UPenn with ED too low to even try?

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 167 LSAT 3.6 GPA

Postby Grizz » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:28 pm

JPudding wrote:
Grizz wrote:http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com

Don't ED anywhere. You can't get into anywhere worth paying sticker at.


Thanks for the response. LSP says I have a 40+% chance at NW, that wouldn't be worth sticker? And is 38% at UPenn with ED too low to even try?


Use LSN. You're not getting either of those ED.

JPudding
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Re: 167 LSAT 3.6 GPA

Postby JPudding » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:32 pm

Grizz wrote:
JPudding wrote:
Grizz wrote:http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com

Don't ED anywhere. You can't get into anywhere worth paying sticker at.


Thanks for the response. LSP says I have a 40+% chance at NW, that wouldn't be worth sticker? And is 38% at UPenn with ED too low to even try?


Use LSN. You're not getting either of those ED.


So the 15% smaller applicant pool this year means nothing? I'm leaning towards EDing to Northwestern...

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 167 LSAT 3.6 GPA

Postby Grizz » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:34 pm

JPudding wrote:
So the 15% smaller applicant pool this year means nothing? I'm leaning towards EDing to Northwestern...

Probably not.

Give it a shot if you want.

JPudding
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Re: 167 LSAT 3.65 GPA

Postby JPudding » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:03 pm

any other opinions on if/where i should ED, seeing as how I'd have to make this decision soon?

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: 167 LSAT 3.65 GPA

Postby kaiser » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:07 pm

I had numbers very similar to yours, and applied to 5 of your 6 highest ranked schools, and only got into Cornell. I think your success will be primarily among your matches, but perhaps UT or Cornell will happen.

User avatar
Cade McNown
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:54 pm

Re: 167 LSAT 3.65 GPA

Postby Cade McNown » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:08 pm

Sorry but you have zero shot at Northwestern, Penn and higher. I would EA Cornell with your numbers.

JPudding
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Re: 167 LSAT 3.65 GPA

Postby JPudding » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:20 pm

Cade McNown wrote:Sorry but you have zero shot at Northwestern, Penn and higher. I would EA Cornell with your numbers.


Yeah I'm thinking about foregoing my UPenn dreams and maybe submitting RD to Northwestern, EA at Cornell is starting to sound like a good idea

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: 167 LSAT 3.65 GPA

Postby kaiser » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:21 pm

JPudding wrote:
Cade McNown wrote:Sorry but you have zero shot at Northwestern, Penn and higher. I would EA Cornell with your numbers.


Yeah I'm thinking about foregoing my UPenn dreams and maybe submitting RD to Northwestern, EA at Cornell is starting to sound like a good idea


Given that EA at Cornell isn't binding, I see no reason not to do it




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest