3.95/168... What should I aim for?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
JustSomebody

3.95/168... What should I aim for?

Postby JustSomebody » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:19 pm

Yet another "What are my chances?" thread post-LSAT score. My apologies.

I really, REALLY don't want to retake, but being a reverse splitter, I'm really not sure what to make of my chances.

Do I have any chance at all at say, UChi at sticker? / Do I have any chance at getting a scholarship from the lower T14?

I am not a URM.

I don't really want to ED somewhere, because locking myself into one school if accepted seems like kind of a scary prospect. I'd rather apply to a lot of schools and see which ones bite, I think.

soj

Re: 3.95/168... What should I aim for?

Postby soj » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:23 pm

JustSomebody wrote:Do I have any chance at all at say, UChi at sticker? / Do I have any chance at getting a scholarship from the lower T14?

Yes, and yes.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com

JustSomebody

Postby JustSomebody » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:23 pm

I've looked at LSN, but it's kind of difficult because there aren't TOO many data points around my GPA/LSAT combo, and the ones that are there are kind of 50/50 on the acceptances/rejections.

So, I really need advice. I know I said above I don't want to ED, but I've been doing some re-thinking and am wondering if it would make the most sense to ED somewhere based on my numbers (Chi? Mich? UVA?).

Other notes: I hope to eventually work on the west coast, so UCLA and USC (as well as Berkeley and Stanford, but I doubt I'd get in to either of those) are high up on my list. But I also wonder if maybe it would make more sense to aim for a CCNMVP type of school which provides more flexibility in case the west coast doesn't work out. And the way to increase my likelihood of acceptance to one of these schools is obviously to ED. Chi is my top choice among the non-west coast schools.

Basically, I just don't know what to do. ED may be the smartest decision but would I have a shot at CCNMVP without it? I'm also rather debt averse and avoiding ED would help with scholarship considerations.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:26 pm

JustSomebody wrote:and the ones that are there are kind of 50/50 on the acceptances/rejections.

That's because people with you numbers (reverse splitters) are gonna have wonky cycles. LSN is still the best gauge of chances. You're gonna have a weird cycle.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:59 pm

JustSomebody wrote:
I don't really want to ED somewhere, because locking myself into one school if accepted seems like kind of a scary prospect. I'd rather apply to a lot of schools and see which ones bite, I think.

Then do this. You will have some nice options, perhaps including Berkeley.

Return to “What are my chances?”