3.45 GPA 163 LSAT PR Male

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
StrongSofts

3.45 GPA 163 LSAT PR Male

Postby StrongSofts » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:01 pm

Ok so I have a 3.45 GPA, upward trend first year 3.0 second 3.4 third 3.95. Have a 4.0 in all my major courses, and have academic honors listed on my transcript for my second and third year. I am a PR male with what I think are great softs (have taken care of my disabled father since my mother abandoned us when I was in High School). Am extremely disadvantaged financially (pulled off a LSAC waiver). Just found out I got a 163 on the LSAT not what I wanted, but enough that I will not retake.

In at Fordham? William and Mary? Boston College? Washington and Lee?

StrongSofts

Re: 3.45 GPA 163 LSAT PR Male

Postby StrongSofts » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:11 pm

Are these schools to much of a reach?

StrongSofts

Postby StrongSofts » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:03 pm

bump

StrongSofts

Postby StrongSofts » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:50 am

LSP puts me at weak consider for both UVA and Berkeley. However I thought California law schools aren't allowed to take URM into consideration. Could really use help as I have found VERY little info on Puerto Ricans. Think it might be worth it to do ED at UVA?

buzzbuzz2727

Postby buzzbuzz2727 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:08 am

You should definitely apply to Boalt, given your circumstances. Boalt values personal statements, and the Admissions Committee may look past your GPA/score if you write a compelling statement on your upbringing.

StrongSofts

Postby StrongSofts » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:49 pm

What about other T14s?

StrongSofts

Postby StrongSofts » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:59 pm

Spoke with my pre-law advisor today, he recommended that I just apply to any and every school I might want to go to ranging from Harvard down to George Mason (lowest ranked school I am considering right now). He said that URM acceptances are very unpredictable (He said not to bother with Law School Predictor or any website like that), and that with my softs it will just make it even more unpredictable. But should I really be applying to like 20 or 30 schools (with the fee waivers it's only $16 a pop which hurts a lot less than $116)? What is the highest ranked school I should apply to, or should I just take the random hail mary type shot at HYS?

wildhaggis

Postby wildhaggis » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:25 pm

StrongSofts wrote:Spoke with my pre-law advisor today, he recommended that I just apply to any and every school I might want to go to ranging from Harvard down to George Mason (lowest ranked school I am considering right now). He said that URM acceptances are very unpredictable (He said not to bother with Law School Predictor or any website like that), and that with my softs it will just make it even more unpredictable. But should I really be applying to like 20 or 30 schools (with the fee waivers it's only $16 a pop which hurts a lot less than $116)? What is the highest ranked school I should apply to, or should I just take the random hail mary type shot at HYS?

It certainly couldn't hurt to try. If you have the fee waivers and/or the money, it never hurts to take a shot at a school you may have a chance at, or to blanket all of the schools that are in your range. There is no rule dictating a maximum amount of schools you can apply to - only time and money determine this.

That being said, I would also recommend EDing to UVA, as well as applying to Boalt, as a previous poster mentioned. Write a strong diversity statement, a strong personal statement, compelling essays (if necessary), make sure your application is airtight, and hope for the best.

Return to “What are my chances?”