Reverse splitter 158/3.72 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
DC_Patent_Law

Bronze

Reverse splitter 158/3.72

Post by DC_Patent_Law » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:54 pm

Got a 158 on the October LSAT. In line with what I expected. I have a 3.72 in electrical engineering from a top 5 engineering school and a masters in electrical engineering as well. I have seven years of experience doing patent prosecution at a patent law firm as well. Looking to get into Loyola LA part time or George Mason part time so I can work while in school and not incur debt. GW seems out of reach now, even with the part time.

Chances? Other schools I should consider? I want to practice in the SoCal market.

DC_Patent_Law

Bronze

Re: Reverse splitter 158/3.72

Post by DC_Patent_Law » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:08 am

bump

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:11 am

Retake so you can get into a place worth going to and/or money.

Lawschoolnumbers.com

DC_Patent_Law

Bronze

Post by DC_Patent_Law » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:56 pm

Grizz wrote:Retake so you can get into a place worth going to and/or money.

Lawschoolnumbers.com
My lukewarm diagnostic in Jan of this year was a 141 (after having browsed through the power bibles a bit). I took two prep classes and studied my ass off from Jan through October to raise my score from a 141 to a 158. I really doubt I can raise it much beyond 160. Is there something like a natural limit to raising the LSAT score?

I'm at the 25th percentile (LSATwise for Loyola LA and George Mason) and at the 75th percentile (GPAwise for Loyola LA and George Mason). What are my chances?

I'm not a traditional law school candidate. I have 7 years of relevant work experience doing patent prosecution at a patent law firm billing 2000 hours per year. I'll be doing the EXACT same thing I'm doing now after I graduate. I also plan to do part-time while continuing to do prosecution at a patent law firm. Doesn't that count towards the admissions process?

twentie4hrs

New

Post by twentie4hrs » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:01 pm

143 lsat/3.75 gpa...want to get into memphis

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tennisking88

Silver

Post by tennisking88 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:04 pm

DC_Patent_Law wrote:

Lawschoolnumbers.com
My lukewarm diagnostic in Jan of this year was a 141 (after having browsed through the power bibles a bit). I took two prep classes and studied my ass off from Jan through October to raise my score from a 141 to a 158. I really doubt I can raise it much beyond 160. Is there something like a natural limit to raising the LSAT score?

I'm at the 25th percentile (LSATwise for Loyola LA and George Mason) and at the 75th percentile (GPAwise for Loyola LA and George Mason). What are my chances?

I'm not a traditional law school candidate. I have 7 years of relevant work experience doing patent prosecution at a patent law firm billing 2000 hours per year. I'll be doing the EXACT same thing I'm doing now after I graduate. I also plan to do part-time while continuing to do prosecution at a patent law firm. Doesn't that count towards the admissions process?
If you wanna practice in CA, and do not go to a T10, go to law school in CA. If you have a lot of patent experience and plan on doing patent stuff post graduation, I do not think prestige of law school is terribly important, esp if the firm you work for now hires you after.

tennisking88

Silver

Post by tennisking88 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:07 pm

DC_Patent_Law wrote:

Lawschoolnumbers.com

Your BA/MA in EE and patent experience will matter way more than the quality of school.

drdolittle

Silver

Post by drdolittle » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:09 pm

DC_Patent_Law wrote:

Lawschoolnumbers.com

I'd definitely attend part time while keeping the job. And I'd also consider just going to basically an any tier accredited law school that gives you the most money though I'm not sure if there's money available for part timers. If not, then just go to whatever school near your current job. You're way ahead of the game with your work experience and I frankly don't think where you go to law school will matter, unless you're able/willing to put in the time to significantly raise your LSAT to become competitive for like Georgetown part time.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”