Asian, 166/3.64 (foreign), chances at lower T14s?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
hydeyu
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:18 am

Asian, 166/3.64 (foreign), chances at lower T14s?

Postby hydeyu » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:51 pm

Was expecting 172+...
Anyway, first time, 166 LSAT, with a solid 3.64 foreign GPA (but stands in the top 5% of my Faculty, from a Top30 world ranking Uni according to Times and QS), converts as 3.68 if count A+ as 4.3. Any chances at a T14? Many thanks!!!
Last edited by hydeyu on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Asian, 166/3.64 (foreign), chances at lower T14?

Postby soj » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:00 pm

For T14, you need to retake.

Your GPA estimations don't matter. Since you have a foreign transcript, when you send it into LSAC, LSAC will convert that into a rating such as "Superior" or "Above Average." Law schools will consider that your GPA equivalent.

hydeyu
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:18 am

Re: Asian, 166/3.64 (foreign), chances at lower T14?

Postby hydeyu » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:09 pm

soj wrote:For T14, you need to retake.

Your GPA estimations don't matter. Since you have a foreign transcript, when you send it into LSAC, LSAC will convert that into a rating such as "Superior" or "Above Average." Law schools will consider that your GPA equivalent.


Thanks. Actually I have that report which says I'm "Above Average", but again they are simply judging by the absolute value of my GPA, since they've got no pool for my school to work out a ranking. Yet in fact I have all the Dean's Lists and one memorial prize in English Literature (Eng and Linguistics double major) which is given to one student only (i.e. top5% is probably still an underestimation)!

All that "estimation" stuff I have my Profs testified in the LoRs, as my school is reluctant to issue a GPA percentile. What do you think I should do, addendum? Thanks!

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Asian, 166/3.64 (foreign), chances at lower T14?

Postby soj » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:13 pm

hydeyu wrote:
soj wrote:For T14, you need to retake.

Your GPA estimations don't matter. Since you have a foreign transcript, when you send it into LSAC, LSAC will convert that into a rating such as "Superior" or "Above Average." Law schools will consider that your GPA equivalent.


Thanks. Actually I have that report which says I'm "Above Average", but again they are simply judging by the absolute value of my GPA, since they've got no pool for my school to work out a ranking. Yet in fact I have all the Dean's Lists and one memorial prize in English Literature (Eng and Linguistics double major) which is given to one student only (i.e. top5% is probably still an underestimation)!

All that "estimation" stuff I have my Profs testified in the LoRs, as my school is reluctant to issue a GPA percentile. What do you think I should do, addendum? Thanks!

If your profs have mentioned all that stuff, then that's great: you don't need to say anything.

Unfortunately, all that stuff you mentioned are just softs. As far as GPA goes, schools will consider you an "Above Average," however that configures into their system of evaluation.

hydeyu
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:18 am

Re: Asian, 166/3.64 (foreign), chances at lower T14?

Postby hydeyu » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:24 pm

soj wrote:
hydeyu wrote:
soj wrote:For T14, you need to retake.

Your GPA estimations don't matter. Since you have a foreign transcript, when you send it into LSAC, LSAC will convert that into a rating such as "Superior" or "Above Average." Law schools will consider that your GPA equivalent.


Thanks. Actually I have that report which says I'm "Above Average", but again they are simply judging by the absolute value of my GPA, since they've got no pool for my school to work out a ranking. Yet in fact I have all the Dean's Lists and one memorial prize in English Literature (Eng and Linguistics double major) which is given to one student only (i.e. top5% is probably still an underestimation)!

All that "estimation" stuff I have my Profs testified in the LoRs, as my school is reluctant to issue a GPA percentile. What do you think I should do, addendum? Thanks!

If your profs have mentioned all that stuff, then that's great: you don't need to say anything.

Unfortunately, all that stuff you mentioned are just softs. As far as GPA goes, schools will consider you an "Above Average," however that configures into their system of evaluation.


Thanks a lot. Anyway I'm applying now regardless, but will def retake in Dec. BTW just to be sure, all the hard & soft changes I have between now and Dec, if any, can be sent as updates to my current apps, right?




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest