168/171 - 3.39 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
cmob

New

168/171 - 3.39

Post by cmob » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:19 pm

Hi All,

Please give me your best judgment, as well as any advice. I appreciate all feedback.

168 Feb 2011 - 171 October 2011
3.39 GPA, UG-GPA 3.43. (Strong upward trend coinciding with major change after 2 years)
Finance Major, graduated in May 2011 with current full-time job directly related to major. 1 year WE at matriculation.
Other Softs:
2 Executive positions in student organizations in undergrad
Full-time summer/part time school year internship during senior year UG (well-known company)
Sporadic but consistent community service (low weight but it's on my resume)

Please estimate, ordered roughly by rank. I want to practice wherever I go to school:

NW
Cornell
GULC
Texas
UCLA
WUSTL
BC
Illinois
Indiana

From my understanding, most of those schools take top LSAT regardless of retake. However, please let me know your thoughts.

Always appreciated -

soj

Platinum

Re: 168/171 - 3.39

Post by soj » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:20 pm

Have you considered ED UVA? You're very likely to get in.

Also:
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com

AriGoldButNicer

Bronze

Post by AriGoldButNicer » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:25 pm

cmob wrote:Hi All,

Please give me your best judgment, as well as any advice. I appreciate all feedback.

3.39 GPA, UG-GPA 3.43. (Strong upward trend coinciding with major change after 2 years)
Finance Major, graduated in May 2011 with current full-time job directly related to major. 1 year WE at matriculation.
Other Softs:
Full-time summer/part time school year internship during senior year UG (well-known company)

Please estimate, ordered roughly by rank. I want to practice wherever I go to school:

NW
Cornell
GULC
Texas
UCLA
WUSTL
BC
Illinois
Indiana

From my understanding, most of those schools take top LSAT regardless of retake. However, please let me know your thoughts.

Always appreciated -
SOJ, this guy obviously is using DC as a mason dixon line, and is scared shitless by the south. Southern lovin' is nice, but not for everyone.

NW- initial WL-prob in (tough to say how ed influences it)
CORNELL - initial wl- prob taken off (small class size)
GULC - admit
TEXAS - deny (gpa and in-state heavy)
UCLA - wl-probable ding (gpa heavy)
WUSTL - 75K
BC - 60K
ILLINOIS - 90K
IU: B - 128K FULL RIDE

Try the ED to NW for the full ride.

Throw some reaches in there. You never know which of MVP may bite. Also, if any schools are near a large city you aren't fully opposed to, apply there. You never know what odd ball may throw you the most $ because they like some random thing about you, and what odd ball you may like yourself.

OnceUponAMemo

Bronze

Post by OnceUponAMemo » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:25 pm

Don't know about the others, but GULC specifically averages LSAT's.

thelawyler

Silver

Post by thelawyler » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:31 pm

OnceUponAMemo wrote:Don't know about the others, but GULC specifically averages LSAT's.
No. From FAQ:

"For reporting purposes, Georgetown Law adheres to the ABA policy of reporting the higher LSAT score. For evaluation purposes, the Georgetown Admissions Committee typically considers the highest LSAT score. Georgetown may consider an average of scores if you have taken the LSAT more than two times. Please address any mitigating circumstances you feel the Admissions Committee should consider."

Basically, they take the highest. Its in their interest to do so.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cmob

New

Post by cmob » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:21 pm

AriGoldButNicer wrote:
cmob wrote:Hi All,

Other Softs:

NW
Cornell
GULC
Texas
UCLA
WUSTL
BC
Illinois
Indiana

Always appreciated -
SOJ, this guy obviously is using DC as a mason dixon line, and is scared shitless by the south. Southern lovin' is nice, but not for everyone.

NW- initial WL-prob in (tough to say how ed influences it)
CORNELL - initial wl- prob taken off (small class size)
GULC - admit
TEXAS - deny (gpa and in-state heavy)
UCLA - wl-probable ding (gpa heavy)
WUSTL - 75K
BC - 60K
ILLINOIS - 90K
IU: B - 128K FULL RIDE

Try the ED to NW for the full ride.

Throw some reaches in there. You never know which of MVP may bite. Also, if any schools are near a large city you aren't fully opposed to, apply there. You never know what odd ball may throw you the most $ because they like some random thing about you, and what odd ball you may like yourself.
Haha, nice observation, but it is a coincidence. I'd be more than willing to go to UVA and, now that you brought it to my attention, I will be applying there. Always need to push for T-14.

Any perspective on ED to NW? That is my hands-down preference but I wouldn't want to ruin it by insisting on the full-ride through ED. Would this be a smart move simply to show interest over the other RDers?

soj

Platinum

Post by soj » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:23 pm

You're probably getting deferred at NU ED anyway. Not sure if having applied ED will make any difference in RD since this cycle's so unusual for NU. If you're happy with UVA ED, I'd do it since you're almost a lock.

cmob

New

Post by cmob » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:45 pm

soj wrote:You're probably getting deferred at NU ED anyway. Not sure if having applied ED will make any difference in RD since this cycle's so unusual for NU. If you're happy with UVA ED, I'd do it since you're almost a lock.
Thanks SOJ. Probably would have missed UVA if I didn't post.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”